Issue with touchscreen and cursor

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Issue with touchscreen and cursorcoffeejunky07/02/2010 - 15:52

Hi all,
Really wanted to play world of goo (linux edition) on my new tablet (a hacked O2 Joggler) which has a capacitive touch screen. It all works great, but when the cursor scrolls to the edge of the screen (to scroll up, down or to the side) and your finger is lifted off, the calibration gets ruined, with the cursor appearing an inch or more from my finger. It can be temporarily fixed by scrolling the cursor to the edge of the screen and putting your finger over where the cursor is to 're-calibrate' it. But it makes it pretty much unplayable :(
This issue doesn't happen with any other program, and I am hopeful for a fix for what should be a really good touchscreen game.
Cheers

Last modified Fri, 07/02/2010 - 15:55 by coffeejunky
Re: Issue with touchscreen and cursorGMMan07/06/2010 - 13:32

I think the touchscreen has a slightly different coordinates process than a mouse. Unless you can think of a hardware/driver tweak, I don't think it's possible to get it fixed because 2D Boy is not working on the game any more.

Re: Issue with touchscreen and cursorSoultaker07/08/2010 - 09:35

Have you set the game resolution to match your desktop resolution? I can imagine it gets messed up if the touchscreen uses desktop coordinates while the game window is of a different size.

Other than that, the best I can do is point you to a previous topic: Wacom Tablet Pointer In Linux? There are no real solutions in there, but a lot of things you can try. I never tested the game with a tablet or touch-screen myself, unfortunately.

GMMan is right though: there almost certainly won't be a fix for this in the official game distribution, so if you want to try to get it to work, you'll have to make do with the options and settings that are in the game now.