"Graphics boxes" are not showing the graphics, they are just blank

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
"Graphics boxes" are not showing the graphics, they are just blankJohnsinski10/11/2008 - 17:49

it was fine in the beta, now it's weird. On the main menu when you mouse over each chapter, it should display the chapter number and name. It just shows black boxes instead. Picture attached

Once you select a chapter there are missing graphics in there too, some of it is just a white box.

Also I noticed in the Tumbler level there is no tumbler, just a large white rotating square.

Running W2K on a Thinkpad PIII 933, 256 MG. Again it worked fine in the beta.

Last modified Sat, 10/11/2008 - 19:07 by Johnsinski
Attachment: GooProblem.jpg (39.92 KB, 407 downloads)
Attachment: GooProblem2.jpg (29.19 KB, 380 downloads)
Re: "Graphics boxes" are not showing the graphics, they are just blankocciocci12/21/2008 - 07:17

hello there,
i bought the game yesterday but i am having same problem as Johnsisnki below.
it worked properly just first time i launched the game, now it is almost unplayable.

any clue what should be fixed?

thanks in advance.
P

Re: "Graphics boxes" are not showing the graphics, they are just blankThe Happy Friar12/21/2008 - 08:31

if it worked the first time try uninstalling & reinstalling.

Have anything setup in your video card control panel?  If so, maybe turn it off/to auto.  disable any AV, spyware programs, etc. see if that helps.

Re: "Graphics boxes" are not showing the graphics, they are just blankocciocci12/24/2008 - 07:22

nothing.... still doing the same problem...
i upgraded all drivers and unistalled reinstalled, but still the same...my laptop is quite new, with video card mobile intel 965 express, so it should be fine!
ufffff... really frustrating

Re: "Graphics boxes" are not showing the graphics, they are just blankocciocci01/16/2009 - 05:34

dear all,
i am sorry to open the dicussion again but... any suggestion about this issue?
I tried most recent drivers for my graphic card (mobile intel 965 express chipset family) and also old ones. result-> no way to avoid the blank graphc boxes.
I am quite upset now: why the demo and the first launch worked and now i cannot play it anymore?
thanks in advance to anyone who can help,
Paolo