NSIS error with Chapter1Preview (Parallels for Mac)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
NSIS error with Chapter1Preview (Parallels for Mac)hotblack10/12/2008 - 08:59

I've recently preordered and have downloaded the Chapter 1 Preview on my Intel Mac Book Pro (running 10.4.11) using Firefox (3.0.3). When trying to run the installer within Parallels Desktop I'm getting NSIS errors saying the installer itegrity check has failed.

I've tried re-downloading and copying the installer into my Parallels partition to no avail.

Not a big deal but thought it worth metioning as I don't normally have this sort of problem with installers, and especially after seeing another Mac user mention similar errors I wonder if there's some sort of a compatibility problem here.

Re: NSIS error with Chapter1Preview (Parallels for Mac)Dil99910/12/2008 - 16:11

Same thing happened to me when I first installed the preview.  You'll need to message Kyle and he can give you a special download link.

Re: NSIS error with Chapter1Preview (Parallels for Mac)hotblack10/12/2008 - 16:22

Thanks Dil999. It's no big deal, I can wait for the full version and I'm sure Kyle's pretty busy right now. I was more interested in if there was any pattern or widespread compatibility problem here. It would be a shame to see others end up with fubarred full copies of the game or other content.