World of Goo bugs (possible spoilers inside)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World of Goo bugs (possible spoilers inside)eZainny10/13/2008 - 18:10

Hi All,

I bought the full version of World of Goo as soon as it became available yesterday and have a couple of bugs to report:

1) In the World of Goo Corporation bit, I can't establish an internet connection. Yes, the internet on my computer works fine. No, I don't connect through a proxy. No, I don't run a firewall.

2) At the end of Chapter 3 when it was cut-scene time (presumably?), the screen went black and the game froze up. Chapter 4 seems to be available to me now, but it would have been cool to see the launch of "product Z"  :)

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Re: World of Goo bugs (possible spoilers inside)CircuitsMaximus10/19/2008 - 20:16

Did you solve this problem? I'm also can't a Can't Connect despite my internet connection being just fine, I downloaded via Steam, and I've checked ZoneAlarm to make sure the game is allowed to connect.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: World of Goo bugs (possible spoilers inside)Marius10/20/2008 - 05:14

You can just replay the last level of chapter 3 to see the cutscene.

I don't know about your other problem, sorry...

Re: World of Goo bugs (possible spoilers inside)Botulino10/20/2008 - 09:01

I can't access internet in WoG either...
The demo was working fine  :'(

edit: I've installed the demo and the connection works... A partial solution would be, since demo and normal verion shares the same savegame, using the normal game to play and the demo to build the world of goo tower...

Last modified Mon, 10/20/2008 - 11:10 by Botulino
Re: World of Goo bugs (possible spoilers inside)Botulino10/21/2008 - 11:22

I assume it's safe to speak about the later levels of the game because of the SPOILER thread...

After the WoGcorp explosion at the end of chapter four(and during the green phase as well...) the graphic of the level changes and I'm not able to access internet with the demo due to crashes, so even my ragtag solution(see my post above) doesn't work anymore...

I've granted access to WoG in the firewall and I'm not in a vpn...

Halp?

Also, my mouse cursor stays over the game black ruond cursor, but I think it's because my video card runs on steam... it's a radeon mobility 7500(laptop)

And one last thing: this game is awesome, you managed to fling at the player new game mechanics even in the last chapter...

Last modified Tue, 10/21/2008 - 11:32 by Botulino