My Asus widescreen do not like goo :(

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
My Asus widescreen do not like goo :(MaDeR Levap10/16/2010 - 12:49

After running, it is too much on left and part of screen is not visible. I tried auto-adjust (screwed it up even more) and manual adjust and it still is too much on left. :( Seems like this monitor chokes on resolution of Goo. What I can do? Is it possible to run World of Goo in window (not full screen) or change fullscreen resolution?

Computer: Intel Core Duo E6850 3 GHz, 4 GB RAM
System: Windows XP SP3
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Monitor: Asus VH222 LCD widescreen normally in resolution 1920x1080

Note: I have dual-monitor setup (Asus [main] @ 1920x1080 and Belinea @ 1600x1200) - maybe this is reason. Anyway, what I can do?

Re: My Asus widescreen do not like goo :(MaDeR Levap10/16/2010 - 13:00

Ookay, I found configuration file after some dark informatic magic spell casting.

For anyone that have same problem:

C:\Program Files\World of Goo\properties\config.txt have these tags:

<param name="screen_width" value="800"/>
<param name="screen_height" value="600"/>
Oh dear, why default resolution is so... low...

Re: My Asus widescreen do not like goo :(Soultaker10/19/2010 - 10:59

To answer your earlier question: you can hit Alt-Enter to toggle the game between full-screen and windowed mode. ;-)

But for the best experience, patching the game to version 1.3 and then changing the resolution to match your monitor probably works best.