Steam query

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Steam queryMasquerade10/14/2008 - 18:42

I have read the other posts about steam but didn't want to post this particular question in one of the existing threads in case the devs overlooked it because of having already answered the original threads problem.

I pre-ordered World of Goo from this site and according to Kyle (I think it was) the situation with activating pre-ordered non-steam purchases on steam would be sorted within the week. However, I've also come across the whole european steam delay thing and was wondering whether this would have any bearing on whether or not I can activate my non-steam pre-order on steam or if I'll have to wait until Feb/March next year.

Thanks in advance for any answer,

Matt.

Re: Steam querykyle10/14/2008 - 19:07

I don't think it will affect your ability to transfer. If it does, let us (and Steam) know.

Re: Steam queryRobmonster10/15/2008 - 15:39

Are there instructions for exactly how to activate the game on Steam..?

I've tried pasting my magic key into the Activate A Product On Steam box, but it's not found.

Rob

Re: Steam queryMasquerade10/20/2008 - 18:35

bump

Seems as though the promise of pre-orders being activatable on steam remains unfulfilled. I have two keys I believe, from reading some other posts, one was needed to activate my preview and the code following
'http://www.worldofgoo.com/dl2.php?lk=' in the link to my full version yet neither of these work when entered into Steams game activation thingy.

Re: Steam querybutcom03/17/2009 - 21:50

I was wondering if this topic had gotten anywhere.  I bought WOG through PayPal but would like to activate it through STEAM if possible.

Re: Steam querydavidc03/18/2009 - 00:09

You can only activate it on Steam if you pre-ordered it, i.e. you bought it before the release date.

-davidc