Game does not start

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Game does not startcolbsure10/16/2008 - 13:44

I bought the full game last night and played for a few hours - apart from the black screen with music at startup (fixed by the ALT+ENTER trick) I had a great time.

I also installed it at work today to play at lunchtime!

Tonight I got home, clicked on the "World of Goo" icon to play again and... nothing!  In task manager it appears and then quickly disappears.  I have done nothing to my system in the interim except reboot.

A re-install did nothing.

This is XP SP3 with an E8400 CPU and an NVidia 7600GT, 3Gb of ram.

Help!

Col

Re: Game does not startcolbsure10/16/2008 - 13:53

Just to add some detail - a file "crash.txt" gets created in the executable directory whenever I try to run it - I have attached it...

Attachment: crash.txt (2.85 KB, 145 downloads)
Re: Game does not startcolbsure10/17/2008 - 02:40

....just for information: after updating my graphics drivers, turning off DEP and turning off my virus checker I discovered that my USB soundcard had been unplugged.

SO... if you try to start WoG and it immediately fails with no visible message: CHECK YOUR SOUNDCARD!

LOL.  ;D