pers2.dat (My saved game)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
pers2.dat (My saved game)bjarnebetjent10/19/2008 - 08:42

Hi.
I want to transfer my saved game to another computer, but cant find pers2.dat. A search gave me no results. And the adress given at the faq page (http://2dboy.com/faq.php) was wrong.

Quote:

Yes!  All you need to do is copy the saved game file which is named pers2.dat.  On Windows XP, it lives in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo. On Vista the file is located in C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo.  Copy it from one computer into the appropriate location on the other computer and voila!

Re: pers2.dat (My saved game)tair00110/19/2008 - 08:54

are you using xp or vista?

Re: pers2.dat (My saved game)bjarnebetjent10/19/2008 - 08:58

XP

Re: pers2.dat (My saved game)tair00110/19/2008 - 09:20

ok, you need to open the Run dialog on the start menu and type in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\2DBoy. If you try to navigate your way there through the folders then you won't find it because it's hidden.

Re: pers2.dat (My saved game)bjarnebetjent10/19/2008 - 09:48

Thanks.
I found it by changing the settings to show hidden folders and then going step by step.
The adress was different due to country specific Windows.

Norwegian Windows
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Programdata\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo

Re: pers2.dat (My saved game)drewmister12/31/2008 - 05:24

FYI: I found on WinXP Pro that the pers2.dat file was stored under the following folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo\