Unable to Connect

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Unable to Connectkvickery10/19/2008 - 21:32

I was running the demo, and able to Connect to the internet in the Goo Corporation.

Then I bought the game and installed the full version.  Now when I try to connect to the internet I keep getting the "Unable to Connect" message.  Are the servers just down now, or is there some other problem? 

Re: Unable to Connecttehlemonofpink10/19/2008 - 22:26

Hey, just wanted to pipe in that I have the exact same problem.

Re: Unable to ConnectJohan G10/20/2008 - 12:13

I have that problem to :(    ,, is there anyone knowing a great solution for this.

Re: Unable to Connectron10/20/2008 - 12:26

if you're running firewall or anti-malware software, make sure world of goo is allowed to access the internet.  we've also heard of something like this for people that have VPN connections.  if you have a VPN connection but are not using while playing the game, this is what you might see.  try making the VPN connection and see if it solves the problem.

Re: Unable to Connectron10/20/2008 - 12:45

oh, also, forgot to mention, we had some downtime yesterday while we switched to a faster server, that was probably the problem and it should be fine now.

Re: Unable to Connectpechisbeque10/20/2008 - 17:55

I bought the game today and I'm not able to connect!

Already removed from the firewall and not using a VPN connection.

Re: Unable to Connectiaminterface10/21/2008 - 13:42

Played the demo, worked fine.

Bought the full version. Cannot connect. I disabled my firewall and my anti-malware. Still does not work.

This sucks  :'(

Re: Unable to Connectron10/21/2008 - 14:01

our server side issues continued into today.  if it's still happening tomorrow, let us know.

Re: Unable to Connectiaminterface10/21/2008 - 15:23

Just for an fyi.

It would let me connect with the demo today. It seems the issue just happens when you upgrade to full version.

Is there a separate server for demo players?

Re: Unable to Connectron10/21/2008 - 15:44

there is, yes.  it was the server that the full version talks to that was/is in transition. 

Re: Unable to Connecttehlemonofpink10/21/2008 - 20:55

Well, the solution for me, it turned out, was painfully easy. I restarted, and it worked fine.

Re: Unable to Connectpechisbeque10/22/2008 - 03:56

[quote author=ron link=topic=511.msg3941#msg3941 date=1224615705]
our server side issues continued into today.  if it's still happening tomorrow, let us know.

Thanks for the reply, everything is working fine today.

Re: Unable to Connectpuntese10/22/2008 - 04:41

i bought a copy yesterday, but still can't download it..
none of the two links is working: one for a DNS problem, the second fails to respond (timeout).

i can't wait to play it :)

Re: Unable to Connect - Need Microsoft .NET Framework?kvickery10/27/2008 - 09:58

I was having problems with some other game, and it turned out I needed to install the Microsoft .NET Framework.  After that my internet connection was recognized in the World of Goo, and has been working fine since, so perhaps that was the issue.

Though I still don't know why my internet connection was being recognized by the World of Goo Demo, but not the World of Goo Full Version.

Re: Unable to ConnectSkankwOn10/27/2008 - 11:43

Oops sry, didn't see this thread. Still having this same problem, demo worked, full game doesn't connect.