Demo save file compatibility?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Demo save file compatibility?BeeZeroOne10/21/2008 - 15:09

Hey,

I absolutely love the demo version of the game which I downloaded a few days ago, and I want to upgrade to the full version. Thing is, I got a little addicted and OCDed every level in the first chapter. Will I be able to keep my profile for the full version? I REALLY don't want to lose those OCDs as some of them (Fisty's Bog, Tower of Goo) took me absolutely ages.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(Also, when I try and run the demo on my laptop, I get a fatal error stating that it failed creating the Direct3D device. Do I need updated graphics card drivers? I have DirectX9.0c, so it can't be that.)

Re: Demo save file compatibility?ron10/21/2008 - 15:40

yeah, you should be able to install the full game and keep you progress.

Re: Demo save file compatibility?BeeZeroOne10/23/2008 - 14:20

OK, thanks for the help!

Re: Demo save file compatibility?Siemer10/24/2008 - 13:27

Weird, I installed the full version over the demo but it seems to have picked up an old version of my profile saves. Not much is lost though, so I don't mind, but you might wanna try and make a backup or something if you have all OCD ;)