text bug

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
text bugStef10/22/2008 - 14:41

Hi,

I have the full version, the 100% region free, and since the end of chapter 3, a lot of graphical text related bug happen. I don't have anymore the "retry" and "menu" button, but two black square instead. They work as they should, but then when the game asks if I want to retry, the "ok" and "cancel" text is also gone. This is the case for any chapter now, while it worked until I complete chapter 3.

Also, on chapter 4, and only there, the sign do not display any text at all. But it's still ok for the previous chapter. I was playing in 1280x1024, I tried switching back to 800x600, no change. I tried also to switch back to english (I run in french), same issues.

On any chapter, now, I don't have the name of each level until I launch one.

Strange that all happened just after completion of chapter 3... :(

Any hints ?

Re: text bugStef10/27/2008 - 14:25

up ?

Re: text bugMarius10/27/2008 - 14:38

Sounds like a weird problem... I personally would try reinstalling over your current install, but I can't guarantee you won't lose your profile data...

Re: text bugTroute10/27/2008 - 15:53

If you're worried about losing your profile data, you can always back it up :)
Redownloading and reinstalling the game might be worth a shot.