Why the wait for UK/EU? ++ Some questions ...

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Why the wait for UK/EU? ++ Some questions ...SkankwOn10/23/2008 - 13:55

Hi all, I've played the WoG demo (downloaded via Steam). Very enjoyable game, and that's coming from an FPS diehard!

So how come the full version is not available to UK/EU, via Steam?
If I get it from this site (with Paypal), will I still be able to register it later with Steam? Will I still get the same support, patches etc. later on?

Or, how can I pre-order the UK/EU version? I understand there is a "profanity pack" with pre-orders, so if I buy it on this site, I won't ever get that pack?

I'm sorry if this is repeating other posts, I have searched and found a bit of info, but not much clarity yet ...

Gem of a game, kudos to 2DBoy, I just hope the "support" is as good as the game, I'll soon see I suppose! :D

Re: Why the wait for UK/EU? ++ Some questions ...SkankwOn10/25/2008 - 02:39

Hmmm, not much support here then ... Please, my purchase depends on replies here! ;)

Re: Why the wait for UK/EU? ++ Some questions ...kyle10/25/2008 - 05:01

Hi Skankw0n, anyone who orders on this site gets updates, support, etc. Activating on Steam, though, was available only for orders that happened before Oct. 12.

The profanity pack, and any add-ons we hope to make available to everyone, in some way.

Also, we might be able to make the game available on Steam, Greenhouse, d2d, etc to Europe sooner rather than later. More updates on that this coming week.

Re: Why the wait for UK/EU? ++ Some questions ...SkankwOn10/25/2008 - 05:28

Thanks for the reply kyle, I'll be clicking on the paypal link today then. :)

Re: Why the wait for UK/EU? ++ Some questions ...hotblack10/25/2008 - 17:48

I'm in the UK and ordered direct from here, well worth it. There's obviously some issues with other distribution methods (and other platforms... like the Wii) in Europe, but thankfully direct from the guys is just fine, worldwide, for the PC/Mac/Linux version.

Re: Why the wait for UK/EU? ++ Some questions ...SkankwOn10/26/2008 - 03:05

Hi hotblack, unfortunately the download link I've been sent, doesn't work for me. :(

However, Kyle is trying to help me out, so hopefully it will get sorted soon. :)