Second Hand Smoke

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Second Hand Smokebellach10/25/2008 - 11:01

Absolutely can't pass this level?  What am I missing?  I bring goo matrix down gets burned up. :(  Help

Re: Second Hand Smokenoirakita11/03/2008 - 19:45

It's where I am stuck now too.  I try to build them down to the black goo in the hand away from the flame, but when I try to get them in the pipe the matrix burns up.  The most I have gotten is 4 of 12.  I've tried using the whistle to try to get them closer but that hasn't helped much either.  I can't think of anything else to do, maybe I'm just building the matrix wrong or something.

Shall continue to experiment.

Nevermind, just figured it out.  was really a "duh!!" moment when I realized what I was doing wrong.  lol  Sorry for wasting a post.   :)

Hint for any future people...That white matrix is important. ;D

Last modified Mon, 11/03/2008 - 19:52 by noirakita
Re: Second Hand SmokeSoultaker11/03/2008 - 19:51

Well obviously, the matchstick goos burn, and the flame is over the pipe exit. But there are also some white and some black goo balls which aren't flammable! Maybe you should direct your efforts towards getting the white structure down to the pipe, and saving the black goos below.

Re: Second Hand Smokenoirakita11/03/2008 - 19:53

yeah, just figured that out.  Thanks though! :)

Re: Second Hand SmokeLockmaster01/19/2009 - 22:42

I feel dumb  having to look here for clues but I just scored 20 of 12!javascript:void(0);

Re: Second Hand Smokeluiginator01/26/2009 - 17:37

I didn't get it for a while, but I've figured it out.
The most common problem is that you build the matchstick goos from one side, and the burning structure lets go of the white part bit by bit so it falls offscreen.
But if you build the matchstick structure so that it comes down from both sides of the white part, then down to the fire, the structure should burn up both sides at the same time, so the white part falls straight down, and the black balls can reach the pipe.

Re: Second Hand Smokeelfpunkt05/06/2009 - 09:53

i loved it fromthe first moment but having found out that trick here I really bekae a goo adict!!!!

Re: Second Hand SmokeTheWampaKing05/06/2009 - 09:59

Weird, this was one of the easiest levels to figure out for me. i did it on my first try. :|

Re: Second Hand SmokeStickybomb6705/06/2009 - 14:55

I think if you get the right bounce angle you don't even have to build.