World Of Goo Corporation

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World Of Goo CorporationIkalou10/27/2008 - 04:48

First I want to say thanks to 2D boy for their amazing work.
I would like to keep the "World Of Goo Corporation" like it is during stage 4 (all green ,with "dikkiPainguin" music).
Is that possible to play back in it without creating a separated new profile ?
Thanks.

Re: World Of Goo Corporationhello10/27/2008 - 09:06

I'm afraid it can't.

Re: World Of Goo CorporationSoultaker10/27/2008 - 10:28

It can be done, if you don't mind hacking around a bit with the game data files.
- Go to res/levels/wogcd in your World of Goo installation directory
- Back up wogcd.level.bin, wogcd.scene.bin and wogcd.resrc.bin; this allows you to easily revert the changes without reinstalling the game
- From the res/levels/wogc3d directory, copy wogc3d.level.bin to wogcd.level.bin, copy wogc3d.scene.bin to wogcd.scene.bin and copy wogc3d.resrc.bin to wogcd.resrc.bin
- Use one of the decrypting tools mentioned here to decrypt the new wogcd.resrc.bin. Edit it in a text editor, and on the second line, change "scene_wog3d" to "scene_wogcd". Encrypt it again (producing a new, modified wogcd.resrc.bin file).
Now you should be good to go. Note that this changes the appearance of the destroyed WoGC for everyone that plays the game (not just your profile).

Re: World Of Goo CorporationIkalou10/27/2008 - 16:30

Dunno if it's legal,but in fact,that work fine.I prefer this one rather than the destroyed one.
Thank you Soultaker.

Re: World Of Goo Corporationmartinarcand110/28/2008 - 17:06

Considering there's a "hack" section in the forums, it would be legal :D

Actually a mod should move this topic to the hack section :P