Can't download full mac version, times out... work around?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Can't download full mac version, times out... work around?darwiniandude11/01/2008 - 20:19

Hello, bought the full version last night, unfortunately my ISP has throttled me (gone over my download limit) meaning downloads are at dial-up speeds.

I've tried several times, whilst not doing anything else, but the download always times out.

I'm guessing the download server is disconnecting me due to slow transfer rate.

I can't hit the resume download button in safari because when i do it says file doesn't exist. So i'm guessing the especially created unique download location vanishes after a set amount of time.

Any way around this for now? Really don't want to have to wait till the 15th when my net goes back to normal to download wog. :(

Re: Can't download full mac version, times out... work around?kyle11/01/2008 - 20:42

Yeah, the downloads last for only an hour or two. Send me your email and download link via our contact form, and I'll see if we can find a workaround http://2dboy.com/contact.php

Re: Can't download full mac version, times out... work around?martinarcand111/02/2008 - 00:14

your months start mid month?  that must suck :O

Suggestion: Download it from some other computer, and transfer it to your computer using a USB key or something

Re: Can't download full mac version, times out... work around?darwiniandude11/02/2008 - 03:05

Kyle sent me a link probably 10 mins after I emailed him, and i successfully downloaded it. Thanks a million for the super quick response guys.

Martin: I could have driven to a shopping centre awhile away and paid money to pop my laptop on the wifi network there, but I didn't really want to have to do that. I get a 50GB per month limit, which is normally more than plenty, but the Transmission torrent program had a bug that caused lots of data to get thrown away. So I downloaded about 15-20gb of stuff and had used 50GB. Bug is fixed now in the latest nightly build, but still most annoying.

Anyway the important thing now is goo!

I'm off to play :)