Mac version - windowed mode? Or change resolution?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Mac version - windowed mode? Or change resolution?owen-b11/03/2008 - 06:19

Hi,

Got the Mac version of this now. Can't understand why to date there's absolutely no fanfare about it's availability, but hey!

Thing is I'm playing on a 24" iMac and it's blatantly stretching the game to fit the screen, which looks horrible. :( A quick scan of the forum suggests there's ways of changing the game resolution but I've yet to see a guide to how to do this, and I also understand it breaks the game doing so. Furthermore I can't see any way of making the Mac version of the game run in a window at the standard resolution (which I also gather breaks some levels of the game).

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Owen

Re: Mac version - windowed mode? Or change resolution?ron11/03/2008 - 07:01

owen, dig into the app and you'll find a file called config.txt.  in it, you can set the desired resolution.  also, command-f will toggle fullscreen mode in case you want to play in a window.

Re: Mac version - windowed mode? Or change resolution?owen-b11/07/2008 - 11:16

Ah, Command-F, thank you!

I noticed right after posting that the Mac fanfare was up on the front page! Damn my slow fingers...