Higher Resolutions Fixed (On Steam)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Higher Resolutions Fixed (On Steam)THE_Ted11/05/2008 - 05:47

This might be old news, but I don't see it on the blog so figured I might as well let it be known. Before, if you changed the resolution using the config file, a number of positioning bugs would be apparent. The only one that really mattered was the position of the level finishing handle, which on a high resolution of 1920x1080 would be unclickable. But just now when I opened up World of Goo on steam it updated it, so I thought...that's odd...and update to do WHAT? So I tried out 1920x1080 again, and now everything looks not only silky smooth amazing but from what I can tell all issues have been resolved! I am running with a nice ATI 4850 so there's no telling how such resolutions might affect gameplay/physics on older machines but I have yet to notice any negative differences now with a higher resolution.

-THE Ted

Re: Higher Resolutions Fixed (On Steam)t-611/05/2008 - 19:27

Quote:
...but I have yet to notice any negative differences now with a higher resolution.

Have you compared the "netto" picture in WS-resolutions (1680x1050; 1440x900; 1280x900) with standard 800x600?
See my post in the patch thread: http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php?topic=586.msg4562#msg4562
The continue bar was fixed, alright, but in WS-resolutions there is less to see than in 800x, because the picture is zoomed to fit "into" the unusual resolutions.