Patch available?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Patch available?Svish11/10/2008 - 15:49

I keep reading about a patch for World of Goo that is supposed to fix stuff. Was a news thingy at steam as well. But I bought the game from the 2dboy.com site. Is it a real patch, or just people dreamin?? Where can I find it?

Re: Patch available?Soultaker11/10/2008 - 16:08

Just revisit the download link that was sent to you when you first bought the game. The latest version is currently 1.20; new versions will always be available at that same page.

Re: Patch available?Svish11/10/2008 - 16:30

When was that up? I tried that just a while ago, and it seemed like it was the exact same file.

Re: Patch available?Ecks11/11/2008 - 11:44

Please 2D Boy, if there's a patch, announce it on the website.  Also, do not just re-upload the link.  Having differences in exes, but not in the version number is atrociously painful for people trying to debug a problem.  If you can easily say "It's fixed in 1.02" or whatever and the person knows they have 1.01, that's a hell of a lot nicer than redownloading the exact same exe and hoping it works, but not knowing if it will.

Re: Patch available?Svish11/11/2008 - 23:55

I second that!

Re: Patch available?ron11/12/2008 - 23:52

hey y'all, we haven't been keeping up with all our of our duties lately because we're swamped with work.  the patch IS out though, and you can just re-download the game with the same link and install it over the old version.

Re: Patch available?tickbite11/14/2008 - 18:53

Any news on the patch for the retail version? The main reason I'd be interested is so that my profile actually shows up in the game directory. I kind of feel the urge to back it up after a particularly difficult OCD.

Re: Patch available?pyris11/17/2008 - 12:27

i would like to 3rd that request for a patch system instead of re-download and hope system. I am one of those pplz who tryz to find glytches in games so i can report them and feel useful , and knowing what ver i have vs what vers are available is key to this.