100% Region free? Pull the other one buddy...

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
100% Region free? Pull the other one buddy...t0nedude11/12/2008 - 09:34

Yeah you heard me!

I go to buy the game, and I'm from the UK.

I change the region drop down to United Kingdom and the screen goes blank, what's the crack lads? (apart from the line across the ceiling)

It's frustrating.  Anybody have a clue?  >:(

rant

Oh and I've also tried to sign into Paypal and go that route and it takes me to the US version of the site and expects me to enter a goddamn 5 digit zip code I mean WTF!  Yeah I'm sure the US is the only place on earth.

/rant

Tony.

Last modified Wed, 11/12/2008 - 09:36 by t0nedude
Re: 100% Region free? Pull the other one buddy...t0nedude11/12/2008 - 10:35

Guess I'll have to wait until it becomes available on Steam before it becomes "Region Free"

That's if I can be bothered.

Tony.

2D Boy: I love you, 2D Boy! - Trust me, we don't! At least if you live outside the US. Am I the only one with the balls to say it as it is?.  Guess I must be.

Last modified Wed, 11/12/2008 - 11:20 by t0nedude
Re: 100% Region free? Pull the other one buddy...Boudin11/12/2008 - 11:42

I'm french and i've bought the game directly on the site, I've got no region problem.
It was a pre-order, it may have change since the game is out... I think I have seen UK clouds in the game so there must be a solution.

2D Boy didn't broke my heart ^^

Last modified Wed, 11/12/2008 - 12:02 by Boudin
Re: 100% Region free? Pull the other one buddy...tridash11/12/2008 - 11:53

I was able to buy it fine from the UK (a couple of weeks ago).

I just tried the paypal page, and it doesn't seem to go blank after changing the dropdown to UK for me.

Re: 100% Region free? Pull the other one buddy...t0nedude11/12/2008 - 12:02

Very odd indeed, maybe it's problem with my IE addons?

Wouldn't have thought so though, anyway I've managed to get a copy of the game through another (legitimate) source now.  I won't say where though incase the problem isn't with me, and things really have changed in the last two weeks, no point me screwing it up for others.

Tony.

Re: 100% Region free? Pull the other one buddy...bnetz11/15/2008 - 05:52

Quote:
maybe it's problem with my IE addons?

i would recommend you first to download firefox or opera or some browser that is NOT ie, than try it with this. didn't you know that IE sucks?!

Re: 100% Region free? Pull the other one buddy...kyle11/15/2008 - 07:46

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping it was just a browser glitch.  All the payment stuff is handled by paypal, and it's been a mostly pleasant experience so far, but they do have occasional problems.  We've been receiving orders successfully from countries all around the world, even countries that aren't America!

Now you have to tell 2D BOY that you love him, he's crying.

Re: 100% Region free? Pull the other one buddy...pyris11/17/2008 - 12:17

No prob for me . Not in the U.S.A ether .... why not just try using the US regon, youll still get english, just not the snoby sounding accent. and trust me , the game rox without the snobby accent :-O