pre-purchase question

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
pre-purchase questionbenblo11/13/2008 - 10:55

Hey guys! Finally ran through the demo after a year of hearing about it, love it, want more!

Quick question: which is more profitable for you: buying via Paypal, or buying from Steam? I'm an indie gamedev myself, so I know every penny counts ;) !
BTW, I think you could put it in your FAQ: as people notice the indie scene, they often get interested in the financial aspect, in a "death to big studios and middlemen" crusade... but maybe I'm biased! I know for example I always prefer paying for a local movie in a local theater, than a blockbuster in a multiplex. Those I can always... *ahem*... watch somewhere else.

Also, I'm in Europe, so no Steam version yet, AND I have a Mac at work and a PC at home (how weird is that?!)... so, if I buy the game now, can I use it on Steam later? I really like the achievements thingies. The FAQ mentions a magic link for pre-orders, but will that work for Europe?... sorry if this has been asked before, but searching this forum for "Steam windows mac" returns just about every single topic ;) !

Cheers, and keep up the good work 2dboy!

Re: pre-purchase questionThe Happy Friar11/13/2008 - 22:13

from site.  They get all $20.  Steam & everything else they get a %.