Through what delivery method do the devs make the most money from?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Through what delivery method do the devs make the most money from?hansamurai11/16/2008 - 18:56

I'd like to buy the game and I'm not really concerned how I do it, whether it is directly from the site here, from Steam, the boxed version from Amazon, etc.

Just curious which way would they get the most profit from?

Thanks!

Re: Through what delivery method do the devs make the most money from?hansamurai11/16/2008 - 22:00

Hmm, never mind, looks like this question was asked and answered

http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php?topic=783.0

From the site sounds the best, which I was guessing, but doesn't Paypal still take a cut?

Re: Through what delivery method do the devs make the most money from?kyle11/16/2008 - 22:38

Yeah, you can see paypal's rates on their site. For orders made in US dollars, they take 0.88 USD. For sales made in any other currency, they take 1.08 USD.

Re: Through what delivery method do the devs make the most money from?The Happy Friar11/16/2008 - 23:34

ok, I was off.  You only get $19.22 per site sale.  :D

I bought from the site because there's no DRM @ all.

Re: Through what delivery method do the devs make the most money from?Soultaker11/17/2008 - 06:15

[quote author=kyle link=topic=810.msg5952#msg5952 date=1226893131]
For orders made in US dollars, they take 0.88 USD. For sales made in any other currency, they take 1.08 USD.

That's odd, considering Paypal also charges customers a 2.5% fee to convert foreign currency into dollars. So they get paid twice? Or do you mean they would charge $0.20 more if you would accept payment in anything except USD?