Vista Start-Up Problem

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Vista Start-Up ProblemChoob11/21/2008 - 14:26

Hi.  I'm using Vista 32-bit (colors, is it?).  I installed World of Goo onto my computer.  Upon startup, just as the screen goes dark, the blue physical memory dump screen comes up right away.  I browsed through these forums with the search function, read all I could about startup problems, and tried everything I could.

I tried running it with compatibility options XP.  And NT.  And I tried that long method someone typed out in a thread about using administrative options and setting full control for the program or something.  I definitely re-installed the game a buncha times.  I'm at a loss of what to do, because I've been faced with the blue physical memory dump screen every time.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Re: Vista Start-Up ProblemGooSoldier11/23/2008 - 20:33

Sounds like video card problems to me, I had a similar problem a while back with a diff. game. My video card was faulty and I had to get a new one.

It worked fine until I played certain games. Have you tried other games of similar spec. requirements? If they don't give you problems then download the latest video card drivers and see if you still get the message.

Re: Vista Start-Up ProblemChoob11/24/2008 - 19:39

Thanks!  Turned out some of my drivers are out of date.

Goo-ing with pleasure.  :]