i have installed my paid version and it still plays the demo

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
i have installed my paid version and it still plays the demopaulfinkle11/22/2008 - 17:37

after paying for the new software and installing, whenever i run the software and try to go to chapter 2 it says its a demo.  help!  this sucks. >:( :(

Re: i have installed my paid version and it still plays the demodavidc11/22/2008 - 19:10

Well I've not played the demo... but my first thought is, did you at least uninstall the demo first!? or at least install the full version to another directory and run it from there.

Re: i have installed my paid version and it still plays the demoHypocee11/24/2008 - 17:12

I had the same problem, although mine happened after the first time I completed the game. I uninstalled, wiped the program and profile directories and reinstalled, after which the game wouldn't run at all. That failure to run eventually tracked down to spyware damage and a missing sound device, so I basically forgot about the chapter limitation issue. Mine didn't say anything about being a demo, though - it had the full-version "last level of the first chapter" text in Regurgitation Pumping Station, Chapter 2 just wouldn't unlock.

Re: i have installed my paid version and it still plays the demoGrandBanana12/04/2008 - 22:27

Having the same problem --- can't get past the signpost at the beginning of Chapter 2.  Hitting the button sends me to the 2DBOY website with option to download demo or purchase full version, which I already did. 

Can't connect to internet on the WOG Corp. page either.

How to fix?

Re: i have installed my paid version and it still plays the demoron12/07/2008 - 15:07

this is very strange, haven't heard of this problem before.  if you're seeing the button in the main menu and the signpost in chapter 2 that sends you to our website when you click it, it means you're running the demo, not the full game.  manually delete the demo from your hard drive and install the full version and things should work.  make sure you're downloading the full version and not the demo.  the demo is about 30MB, the full version is about 60MB.

Re: i have installed my paid version and it still plays the demoGrandBanana12/07/2008 - 15:38

Thanks, that worked.