MAC WorldOfGoo.1.30.dmg won't mount: codec overrun

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
MAC WorldOfGoo.1.30.dmg won't mount: codec overrunstarFury11/24/2008 - 23:51

Hi, I just went through the online credit card process and got access to the full version of WorldOfGoo, I was overjoyed!... But I've since downloaded the mac .dmg install file 5 times and keep receiving the same error message...

The file seems to download fine but when I try and mount it, after agreeing to the EULA, I get the following error message:

[tt]The following disk images failed to mount
Image                  Reason
WorldOfGoo.1.30.dmg    codec overrun
[/tt]

Have downloaded from both Safari and Firefox on my MacbookPro... Then from a PC first in FireFox again but with a download manager (which i thought may have caused a problem [multiple download streams]) and then just in InternetExplorer... Onto a USB stick and onto my mac -- same problem...

All other .dmg files are mounting correctly...

I googled the error message ("codec overrun"), seems the file is broken somehow?

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated!

Lots of love and thankyou for this fantastic game!
sven.

Re: MAC WorldOfGoo.1.30.dmg won't mount: codec overrunjarrob11/24/2008 - 23:57

Hello mac user...I installed World of Goo on my eMac and MacBook Pro both successfully...just last week.  Did you drag the icon into your applications folder?  good luck.

Re: MAC WorldOfGoo.1.30.dmg won't mount: codec overrunstarFury11/25/2008 - 02:08

I can't get that far as the disk image is corrupt and doesn't mount...

Re: MAC WorldOfGoo.1.30.dmg won't mount: codec overrunstarFury11/25/2008 - 03:09

also: the demo version from the website mounts, install and plays fine ........

-sadface-

Re: MAC WorldOfGoo.1.30.dmg won't mount: codec overrunManray11/25/2008 - 05:12

I'd suggest to erase the files, empty the trash, and re-download it afterwards. I've had similar issues some times (maybe cache config. or something like that), and it worked fine to me.

Re: MAC WorldOfGoo.1.30.dmg won't mount: codec overrunjarrob11/26/2008 - 00:12

I agree with that other person...trash World of Goo...empty the trash.  Restart your mac.  Reinstall World of Goo.  Hope it works...good luck.