Moving profiles between Macs?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Moving profiles between Macs?Fin Squandrago11/25/2008 - 02:03

So I'm in the process of moving all kinds of files over to a new Mac today and I've run into what might be a small problem: installing WOG 1.20 on the new machine and copying the original preferences file over doesn't seem to move my profile information with it. Is there some way around this, or have I lost a couple of days' effort and, more importantly, my beloved WOG Corp. gooball stock? Say it ain't so, 2D Boy!

Re: Moving profiles between Macs?Fin Squandrago12/01/2008 - 22:33

Okay, never mind... solved my own problem. For anybody else on a Mac who is curious, though, if you want to keep your gooball stock intact when you move to another machine, make sure that you move both ~/Library/Preferences/com.2dboy.wog.plist and ~/Library/Application Support/WorldOfGoo/pers2.dat; it's the second file that contains your profile information.

Re: Moving profiles between Macs?goo-ber12/06/2008 - 17:50

Hi,
I found the pers2.dat file and moved it between the two Macs I have and my progress is current on both machines.  However, I've looked and looked but can't find the ~\library\preferences\com.2dboy.wog.plist file anywhere.  Do you have anymore clues or should I not worry about it? :-\