parasites bug

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
parasites bugxanax11/25/2008 - 17:44

Hello.

On a Windows XP pro sp2 and a nVidia 8600 GT 256 Mb graphic card I notice a graphic bug that displays parasites on the screen. In fact I can see short horizontal lines appearing a disappearing quickly during the game.

The bug appears after 1 or 2 minutes and continues under Windows, after I close the game.
I have to restart the system to get rif of these lines.

Re: parasites bugBoudin11/25/2008 - 18:22

Usually this kind of graphic bugs are due to video-memory corruption.
You can try to update video drivers but I doubt it will change anything.
You may check your video card temperatures using a stress soft (like furmark, or somethinhg like this). If it grow anormaly it may be the cause.

Re: parasites bugxanax11/30/2008 - 08:19

This is weird because I don't notice this behaviour with other games.

Re: parasites bugxanax01/02/2009 - 10:21

I think I solved this problem by modifying the "C:\Program Files\WorldOfGoo\properties\config.txt" file.
In fact I just changed the refreshrate value from 60 to 50.

<!-- IMPORTANT WARNING: If you edit this file, your computer will probably explode. Your friend, the High Resolution Sign Painter --><br /><config><br /><br /> <param name="language" value="fr"/><br /> <param name="screen_width" value="800"/><br /> <param name="screen_height" value="600"/><br /> <param name="refreshrate" value="50" /><br /> <param name="ui_inset" value="10"/><br /><br /></config><br />