Still "unable to connect"

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Still "unable to connect"Nit12/02/2008 - 15:47

Hello,

sorry, but I still have the problem "unable to connect" in the WorldOfGooCooperation (full game). I think I tried everything mentioned here in the forum, can't be that difficult, can it? I disabled my Kaspersky, I updated my .NET, everything else is working fine.

Is there any logfile I could check? Does WoG need any open incoming ports in my firewall? Any other suggestions? I'd really like to see other people building their towers.

Best Regards
-Nit-

Re: Still "unable to connect"Soultaker12/03/2008 - 10:44

Do you use an HTTP proxy to browse the web? From what I understand, all of the WoG network communication goes via HTTP (i.e. the same protocol that your browser uses) but if you normally connect through a proxy, WoG might not use it and fail to connect.

Re: Still "unable to connect"Nit12/03/2008 - 13:52

No. No proxy involved. I'm using a Router to connect to the internet but if WoG opens the HTTP connection from my pc I don't see why it is not working.

Re: Still "unable to connect"oakseed12/03/2008 - 16:16

Hi All

I'm having the same problem, "unable to connect" in the WorldOfGooCooperation

I have the demo version and was able to connect until a couple of days ago. I have not changed anything. Any help in trouble shooting would be appreciated (i.e. the server that WOG is supposed to connect to and how it does it, IP or name and port number?).

I have tried the following;
- reinstall
- turn off firewall
- my firewall monitors all outgoing connections and it tells me that WOG is trying to connect to box295.bluehost.com (69.89.31.95) on port 443 (is this correct ??)

I allow it but WOG still says no connection.

thanks

Oakseed

Re: Still "unable to connect"Boudin12/03/2008 - 16:41

If I remember, 2DBoy is using a new server (there's news about this on the blog). This sever (bluehost) does not seems to be up anymore.

Re: Still "unable to connect"jemminger12/05/2008 - 22:59

same problem on mac.  no firewall, no proxy.  internet connectivity works fine in all other programs.

Re: Still "unable to connect"draeath12/06/2008 - 00:12

I just installed today, and it works. Since 2DBoy dropped (or was dropped by rather, search the forum) that host, somehow the version I downloaded today had a new host.

I would suggest you download a fresh copy (note mine says v1.30) and see what happens.

Re: Still "unable to connect"AHM12/13/2008 - 09:59

try downloading the 1.30 patch