Pop-up advertising on the Forum?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Pop-up advertising on the Forum?themacmeister12/09/2008 - 03:41

I recently left my computer running, with only the WoG Forum page open (Firefox 3.03). When I returned there was an awful SMS competition advertisement, and upon closing it - the forum site was unusable (no navigation buttons, tabs or scrollbar.

Any word on whether this is "official" 2D Boy site behaviour?

Re: Pop-up advertising on the Forum?Boudin12/09/2008 - 06:19

I've never seen popup on the forum, you may have to check the presence of adware on your computer

Re: Pop-up advertising on the Forum?Oehr12/09/2008 - 18:09

i have no ads at all. nearly all sites are 99% ad free. all thanks to a neat little awesome, great, useful, epic firefox extension: ad-block. though webmaster dont like it that much. they hate it. ads are money. no ads are no money. ad free is site closure. though this site lives on game sales, so adblock is more or less useless. also there are no ads to block.

this might be some kind of adware/malware or stupid extension/plugin causing those pop ups. check your pc with AVG free and clean your ff extensions and plugins(not needed ones).

Re: Pop-up advertising on the Forum?DEFE12/09/2008 - 19:19

I haven't had a single ad here, which is great with my cruddy popup blocker.

Re: Pop-up advertising on the Forum?Damon F12/10/2008 - 10:13

Does not exist in this dojo.

Re: Pop-up advertising on the Forum?The Happy Friar12/10/2008 - 10:36

I have no popup blocker or add remober & get nothing here.  Something searching your cookies.