Scrolling with arrow keys

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Scrolling with arrow keysMegaVolt12/10/2008 - 15:08

I just played the demo a little and I really like World of Goo.
But scrolling can does only work when moving the mouse to the edge of the screen.
Having the arrow keys for scrolling (like in most strategy games, e.g. StarCraft) would be great and it should be quite easy to add, too ;)

Re: Scrolling with arrow keysMegaVolt12/10/2008 - 15:15

Oh and I forgot. Just a minor issue but related to scrolling so I guess starting a new topic for it isn't necessary:

I am using a dual monitor setup and the mouse isn't confined to the World of Goo window. So if I try to do edge-scrolling it wanders off to the second monitor and scrolling stops. But that sould also be very easy to fix I think.

Re: Scrolling with arrow keysAshmo12/18/2008 - 17:58

Another dual monitor user here, so I feel your pain.

Disabling the "extend desktop" function for the course of playing the game works, though. Although it's not much of a solution but more of a workaround.

Re: Scrolling with arrow keysNic Freed12/19/2008 - 22:06

well scrolling ideas have been posted like crazy since the beggining, im guessing ron and kyle decided to keep the mouse only concept of the game (or they were just really lazy :P)