do you think there should be a second wog?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
do you think there should be a second wog?30jon12/12/2008 - 23:29

do you think there should be a second wog?

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?GameWay Studios12/13/2008 - 00:08

Yes, as long as 2dBoy doesn't hack it out just to make money. However, indie designers rarely do that, so, yes, I do think so.

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?Tingleberries12/15/2008 - 21:51

I opt for downloadable map packs, new chapters, etc.

They could charge 5$ for each new chapter released, and eventually come out with chapter packs. They'd probably end up making more money in the long run, and I know the fans would love to see that kind of things.

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?GooGun12/15/2008 - 21:56

Yeah, maybe the developers could use some of the guest levels for inclusion in future packs (with permission, of course!), which could be given a few touch ups, as well as brand-new levels from the creators. :)

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?ddervish12/18/2008 - 08:29

assuming that they would stick with the origional concept then a second-game is pointless, this kind of game needs more maps, not a new version.
if they decided to change concept, maybe somethign more like this [http://fantasticcontraption.com/] then they would need a new game
personaly i think they could do the whole gamut of physics/construction games with the same aplomb thay have done WoG, and i would buy them all.

Re: do you think there should be a second wog?Nic Freed12/20/2008 - 21:11

[quote author=GooGun link=topic=1032.msg7335#msg7335 date=1229396206]
Yeah, maybe the developers could use some of the guest levels for inclusion in future packs (with permission, of course!), which could be given a few touch ups, as well as brand-new levels from the creators. :)

man, world of goo is somehow turning into n!!!