World of Goo DS?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World of Goo DS?EliteKill12/24/2008 - 05:39

Hi, I purchased this game yesterday (on the PC) and I must say I love it. I went to see what people on the internet think about the game, ad found out that it is also available on the Wii (which I also own). Now, as you are already have a game on a Nintendo platform, I thought that this gme would be perfect for the Nintendo DS. The graphics are simple but awesome, the control will be perfect for the Stylus, and you are already in some contact with Nintendo (I presume)...

Also, just pointing out that I was amazed that you are only two people who made this wonderful game...

Re: World of Goo DS?Nic Freed12/24/2008 - 09:06

grrr, ive stated this 10000000000000 times and nobodys ever listened. so dont get you hopes up :( but yeah, that would be awsome!

Re: World of Goo DS?Supsupli01/06/2009 - 18:54

Hehe bumpedity bump >.> lol

-Yeah you got my vote, would be fun to play this on the go  :)
      -Though I say the puzzles and crap would have to be changed.
      -I also think theres going to have to be a easier way to pick up goos / goos that are atached / diffrent types of goos because of the smaller resolution.

Re: World of Goo DS?Fennec01/07/2009 - 10:45

Would be great, but you would have to REALLY strain your eyes to distinguish all the Goo balls on a DS screen... May be increasing their relative size would help? Or to have a top screen show teh overall view, and bottom one "zoomed-in" version with panning? Otherwise, I am all for it  :)

Re: World of Goo DS?Supsupli01/07/2009 - 16:46

[quote author=Fennec link=topic=1117.msg8487#msg8487 date=1231343137]
Would be great, but you would have to REALLY strain your eyes to distinguish all the Goo balls on a DS screen... May be increasing their relative size would help? Or to have a top screen show teh overall view, and bottom one "zoomed-in" version with panning? Otherwise, I am all for it  :)

That seems a good idea, I didn't even think about it being hard just to see them lol.

Re: World of Goo DS?goolio01/14/2009 - 18:23

oh my god , my life would be complete with a portiable version of this game , goo needs to be with me WHERE EVER i am  :)

p.s i made some goo ball earrings from fimo , they are awesome  ;D

Re: World of Goo DS?Purple Pikming01/23/2009 - 15:41

As good as it sounds, I personally think it would kill it.

-The incredible art style that gives World of Goo it's character would be gone or downgraded.

-Using the stylus would be a lot more tricky than the Wiimote.

-You could never have the sort of amount pf level on screen as you do on the Wii without the Goo balls being too tiny to pick up.

I think 2D Boy are better off working on a Wii sequel

Re: World of Goo DS?vivlo02/12/2009 - 09:29

no purple pikming, you're wrong, the stylus has a realy nice accuracy, i totally agree with the dreamy idea of World of Goo ds and am pleased to see i'm not the only one to have "stated this 10000000000000 times and nobodys ever listened" :)
Graphics can be great on the ds for a 2d sucha s wog's, see "soul bubble" which is displaying 2d with really nice details, so i don't think the art would be the matter. The little screen yes maybe, but there is ways to remedy this.
That would be completely possible :)

Re: World of Goo DS?Eak02/12/2009 - 10:46

To anybody who says it can't calculate the physics:

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/puzzle/professorheinzwolffsgravity/index.html?tag=result;img;0

Re: World of Goo DS?Earth02/17/2009 - 06:46

They released it for Windows, Mac & Linux so I think it's just a matter of time before they release a pocket version for DS/Pandora. Can't wait until it's out myself :D

Re: World of Goo DS?marrydavidson10104/02/2010 - 02:44

I recently done my master in Business Administration and now days I want to do some online Microsoft certifications like MCSA MCSE Oracle java etc and I Found this online notes is a best helping source to get online accurate information which is more helpful for my preparation.

Re: World of Goo DS?Ruedii06/29/2010 - 16:16

It might be a better choice to do this on the DSi download service.  The game is small enough.

As of the layout, I would recommend putting the zoomed in view in the bottom, a little more zoomed than the normal view, and a really zoomed out view on the top screen.

Re: World of Goo DS?deanblancoo07/03/2010 - 04:37

DS would work really well. Imagine playing World of Goo using the XBOX Kinect  ;D

Re: World of Goo DS?GMMan07/06/2010 - 13:30

It would be sort of hard to pick the right gooball, though. Moving them from one place to another place that's really far would be a pain.

Re: World of Goo DS?Earth12/10/2010 - 15:03

Me too :(