children's version

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
children's versiontrouble12/29/2008 - 08:40

Yes, I know, it's already "E for Everyone." But I'm talking about a version for *little* kids. My 4-year-old has no trouble with pointing, clicking, etc. (he's a pro at Spore Creature Creator) and loves watching me play WoG, but the puzzles are too tough for him at this age. If there were a version with puzzles no rougher than the first two or three, though, he would probably love it.

In the meantime, might just let him play around in WoG Corp.  ;D

Re: children's versiontair00112/29/2008 - 09:46

I disagree - the learning curve for this game is perfect for young and old alike, encouraging them to think outside the box and boosting creativity. I would even risk being quoted as saying that it would help IQ development, particularly in spacial awareness.

Maybe try giving your little ones subtle hints as to where they should be aiming to build - I can guarantee the look on their faces will be fantastic when they figure out a puzzle by themselves!

Re: children's versionThe Happy Friar12/29/2008 - 21:05

my 4 year old has no complaints.

Re: children's versionmariomguy12/30/2008 - 10:35

There's a lot more goo balls in most levels than what's really needed. If you give him a few hints, he should be able to do levels like Ode to the Bridge Builder even with many, many mistakes :)

Re: children's versionHanhan12/31/2008 - 18:12

I actually agree with the first poster; what about a mod/hack that changes the graphics a tiny bit, makes for easier puzzles, etc.?

And I like the idea of a mode where you have to replicate a shape within a certain amount of time - I think this might appeal to kids like that.

Let's face it - I'm a teenager and I had to use two skips in the demo version, and reattempt the Bog level about seven times.