Suggestion: Skip Cut Scenes

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Suggestion: Skip Cut ScenesZathri01/04/2009 - 20:49

After I've beaten a level, I would like the option to skip a cut scene.  This is particularily helpful when trying to go for OCD.  Thanks.

Re: Suggestion: Skip Cut ScenesRuuttu01/06/2009 - 14:17

Some cutscenes can be skipped with a mouse click. You just have to click very fast, after about a second the cutscene can't be skipped anymore.

Re: Suggestion: Skip Cut ScenesKissaki03/10/2009 - 05:31

Yeah,
take the second level.
Each time you fail and don't press retry before it's finished, you'll end up watching 2 videos.
Even the "counting" of goo balls could be skippable...

Re: Suggestion: Skip Cut Sceneswea003/16/2009 - 14:56

yes yes yes

Re: Suggestion: Skip Cut ScenesKissaki08/26/2009 - 20:01

It’s very sad this basic feature is not implemented, even after the community expressed its need for it.
Especially if you’re working on the OCDs, it’s a hassle.
:(

Re: Suggestion: Skip Cut ScenesRetne10/20/2009 - 03:57

I totally agree. I was wondering if the boys are Hideo Kojima fans perhaps...

But really, how about implementing a skip option for both cut scenes and counting?

Re: Suggestion: Skip Cut ScenesGMMan10/21/2009 - 22:07

Even better: how about skip for cutscenes, ball counting, AND 2D Boy logo? Sure, it'll throw off their perfectly timed music, but who cares? Less stuff to load if they make it a permanent option.

Re: Suggestion: Skip Cut ScenesSoultaker10/22/2009 - 10:10

[quote author=Ruuttu link=topic=1235.msg8451#msg8451 date=1231269448]
Some cutscenes can be skipped with a mouse click. You just have to click very fast, after about a second the cutscene can't be skipped anymore.

Timing doesn't have anything to do with it. All cut scenes can be skipped after the first time you've watched them, counting from the last time the game was started. So if you start up the game and play a level a bunch of times trying to get the OCD, you only have to watch the cutscene once, but once you restart the game, you have to watch it again.

In retrospect, it would have been better if the history of watched scenes was stored in the player profile so it would be preserved when the game is restarted. Realistically, I don't think this is going to get fixed anymore. Sorry.

If you want to restart a level quickly, there is a useful trick for that:
1. click on a sign (any sign) and click through all the text;
2. press Escape;
3. choose Restart Level.
Clicking a sign is necessary to re-enable the game menu after you have met the level goals. This should save you some time trying to complete those OCD's. ;)