My Suggestions

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
My SuggestionsPsymon01/05/2009 - 01:32

I really enjoyed playing this game, it's fun and simple, and very addictive! Yay

Here are a couple suggestions  ;D

i'm sure some of them have already been suggested, but i am too lazy to look.  :P

1. When dealing with more than one species of goo-ball, i think it would be excellent if you could assign keyboard hotkeys to bring a certain species of ball into your 'hand' immeadietly.
ie. pushing '1' will transport a regular goo-ball into your hand if one is available.
while pushing '2' would transport a balloon ball into your hand if one is available. and so on.

This would streamline complicated structure building, and prevent situations where you need a certain type of ball quickly, only to frantically click the wrong type of ball and then watch in horror as your masterpiece comes crashing down.  :-\

2. Is there an 'Undo' button for tower building @ world of goo corp? if there is, i haven't found it. Would love to be able to go a few moves back instead of starting Again...

3. an idea for a new species of goo-ball: the Ice Ball - would somehow interact with water balls, like once you add it to your structure, the water balls freeze and lock in place... or something like that

4. a Dark Matter Ball - an extremely heavy ball for counterweights or balance puzzles.

5. Added reinforcement: it might be cool to add a special ablitity that you can use once or twice in a mission that would grow like a vine around and between your structure in every direction for a short time, that would strengthen & help support.

8)
Psymon

Re: My SuggestionsDEFE01/05/2009 - 23:03

Well, I dunno about the first suggestion. It seems like it would somewhat cheapen the experience. Going over and grabbing a goo ball out of the big mass of scattering goo balls is part of the process. As for the second, the lack of an undo button in the corporation is part of the challenge. It's supposed to be quite difficult. Your goo ball ideas seem good though.

Re: My SuggestionsSupsupli01/06/2009 - 18:42

Quote:
1. When dealing with more than one species of goo-ball, i think it would be excellent if you could assign keyboard hotkeys to bring a certain species of ball into your 'hand' immeadietly.
ie. pushing '1' will transport a regular goo-ball into your hand if one is available.
while pushing '2' would transport a balloon ball into your hand if one is available. and so on.

Just like the other poster Said, it would ruin most of the games challenge. It's just doesnt seem right to have "hotkeys" when the major playing part of the game is geting the goos from the big mass.

Quote:
2. Is there an 'Undo' button for tower building @ world of goo corp? if there is, i haven't found it. Would love to be able to go a few moves back instead of starting Again...

Again like the other poster said, takes away the challenge and skill of the whole goo corp. There is a way to have a undo button but its not realy a undo button. And some people might consider it cheating. If you want to know what this is , if you haven't figured it out pm me.

Quote:
3. an idea for a new species of goo-ball: the Ice Ball - would somehow interact with water balls, like once you add it to your structure, the water balls freeze and lock in place... or something like that

I personly don't like this idea, If you mean the water balls as in the ones that kinda drool down? I think that the whole "water goo" is ment for lowering without having to use a lot of goos. And you only use it in like a few levels. If you want this "ice goo" and the people make it i don't think it'll be used much even in custom levels ... unless you yourself make one that you kinda NEED this new goo.

Quote:

4. a Dark Matter Ball - an extremely heavy ball for counterweights or balance puzzles.

This goo i kinda like but, theres some drawback ... since you say its EXTREMELY heavy, it might move your tower/whatever WAY to much and in turn screw you over more, normal goos are semi ok already with counterwieghts, i dont see a NEED to point a real real real heavy goo in. Only a few levels would need it and Goo Corp (which you can only have 1 type of goo). The only way your going to need it more is if you make a custom level, which still if you goodish at the game you prob won't need.

Quote:

5. Added reinforcement: it might be cool to add a special ablitity that you can use once or twice in a mission that would grow like a vine around and between your structure in every direction for a short time, that would strengthen & help support.

This may seem good in all but, it kinda makes the challenge of the game less, and most of the levels you don't realy need this, unless you make a custom level ( again lulz ). Another place this may be good is goo Corp but it takes away some of the challenge.

All in all your ideas/suggestions are O.K. but this game is challenge/puzzle and most of your ideas take away some/alot of that challenge

HOLY CRAP I typed a lot >.>