New types of Goo for sequel??

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
New types of Goo for sequel??sickfiction01/12/2009 - 18:32

I love this game more than any I've played since probably 1998 and completed it within 2 days I still can't get the scores some of the geniuses on youtube seem to get with the OCDs tho..

I'm certain of a sequel (well I hope and pray)..Here's my suggestions for new kind of goo creatures.... What do you think? What other ideas do peeps have?

Chemical reactions - different 'atoms' that react differently with each other becoming solid liquids or gas...

Nuclear reactions - goos repel other goos close up unless you throw them hard at each other ie fusion, or start chain reactions by throwing Gootrons (sorry) at Gootonium (sorry) ;)

Cosmology - touched on in the first game, maybe Goo suns and Planets - Too many goo Suns together and you get a black-hole that sucks nearby goos in also the goo planets would be attracted by the suns and locked into orbits.

Quantum Goos - goos that pass through solid surfaces, Goos that entangle and then whatever happens to the one goo after entanglement, happens to the other - Antimatter goos that annihilate with matter goos, maybe even playing around with the time element some more.

All pretty much out of a science textbook, but what the first game taught me was how interesting mechanics can be after being bored ****less by it at school.

What else peeps?

Last modified Mon, 01/12/2009 - 18:52 by sickfiction
Re: New types of Goo for sequel??mariomguy01/12/2009 - 19:35

Rubber Goo: more flimsy Goo that can stretch without collapsing. It can be useful in many ways, like for building a bouncy bridge to help transport a huge red goo ball or for building anything dangling like in "Upper Shaft" with less goo balls having to be wasted.

Steel Goo: strong Goo that doesn't bend or stretch, but has a greater mass and is able to connect electrical components together. Much like the fire Goo balls, they could connect a battery to a bomb to blow it up, but they require a complete circuit. The electrical properties could be interesting.

Magnetic Goo: Goo that only work if an electromagnet is turned on (because it would just be cheap if magnetic Goo could just simply stick to a magnet!). The magnetic Goo could support the weight of a bridge dangling in the air without the bridge having to touch solid ground. Then the strength can be played with to allow only a certain weight on the bridge before it collapses. It could, even if just for one level, be as nerve wrecking as "Ode to the Bridge Builder," "Blustery Day," or "Weather Vane." :)

Re: New types of Goo for sequel??GooGun01/13/2009 - 20:30

Fragile Goo - If stretched too much, it breaks, letting the goo drop down. Could be used in levels where goos have to be collected below, but not much weight can be applied without breaking the structure.

Heavy Goo - Is much heavier than the other goos, and can push down structures. Nice! Or is it?

Re: New types of Goo for sequel??Bioran2301/14/2009 - 05:22

Perhaps some point in the near future, one of them coders will find a way to let us make custom gooballs with custom abilities, and take us make all new chapters on them. :)

Floating Goo ball - These are Goo balls which defies physics! Unlike the ballons, the floating Goo ball can't elevate or drop. All they do is float and let other Goo balls trample over them.

Re: New types of Goo for sequel??joel2248401/20/2009 - 07:49

I think spinning goos would be cool. For example, you could have goos spinning clockwise and some spinning counter-clockwise. Whenever you used them, if they touched something, then they would spin. So you could build a car-like structure that could carry other goos across land.

Re: New types of Goo for sequel??madaco01/24/2009 - 18:17

[quote author=Bioran23 link=topic=1294.msg8738#msg8738 date=1231928544]
Perhaps some point in the near future, one of them coders will find a way to let us make custom gooballs with custom abilities, and take us make all new chapters on them. :)they didnt do this already?but i think ive seen levels where theres sticky coke goo balls... is that specific to the level?

Floating Goo ball - These are Goo balls which defies physics! Unlike the ballons, the floating Goo ball can't elevate or drop. All they do is float and let other Goo balls trample over them.COOOL! wait, so like goo ball structiors that dont fall? could they falll  if weight was attached? if so mayby you could make it so there is a floating thing of goo bals and you have to make it go down and go to a pipe by weighing it down! if they were like ivy goo balls as well, then you could make a level where you have like fifty gooballs that you cant bove(buaty mayby,and use three floating ivy to make a moving triangle, that would pick em all up and then get to teh exit!!!awsomeness!!!

Re: New types of Goo for sequel??luiginator01/26/2009 - 02:47

Maybe a motorized wheel type of goo, where you could attach it to structures and make cars and levers. It would add a whole new dimension to gameplay.

Re: New types of Goo for sequel??mtma02/06/2009 - 15:52

Hmmm... Maybe...

Metal Goo: Like the Skull Goo, they can't be killed by spikes, nor by fire, but if they touch the fire, they automatically detach from the structure so they won't burn the other goos. Also, when it is attached, it becomes solid metal, and the part of the structure they were put on, get's extremely heavy.

Weak Goo: They are basically regular goo, that if has too much weight to it, ends up by breaking from the others, thus making it a pretty bad choice to use in conjunction with the Metal Goo

Electric Goo: They are used to link beetween electric circuits and activate mechanisms

Lamp Goo: When linked to Electric Goos, they emit a bright light, good to give view of darker levels, such as in caves

Goo eating Goo: When attached to goos that are not of their kind, they eat them, good to lift structures

Copy Goo: It becomes the Goo to wich it was attached, like: You attach it to a Green goo, it becomes a green goo

Re: New types of Goo for sequel??MattOG02/08/2009 - 01:56

Must say the Electric/Magnetic Goos would be very interesting. Lots of scope, as with the fuse goos.

Little metal plates you day to "swing" them on to, and imagine the "can I get one more on" feeling when your so close to finishing a level.

I had thought about a firework/rocket type goo. 1 String like balloon, then once attached, can be aimed like the electronic goo thingys (chapter 4), but takes the structure with it (based on weight etc). Could be useful for trying to transport a small structure over a gap etc.

Goos with attitude problems; if they aren't touched/moved for thirty seconds (eg) they start taking down the structure, and don't co-operate with the whistle.

Self-Motivated goos. Can be re-attached (for some reason I keep spelling that attatched), will try themselves to build a structure toward the goal, whether it's helpful or not.

Hungry Goos; Can be fattened up with other types of goo (maybe food goo?), to provide a stronger structure, but obviously will weigh more and cost a goo it's life.

Sick Goos; Time limit to save them, maybe can infect others, also possible to add a medic goo that you need to keep with the sick ones.

Good topic....

Re: New types of Goo for sequel??My-Key02/10/2009 - 01:53

My proposition:
Line/string goo - it will look like a ball of wool/string, it will have wery long and only one conection, connecting should have to look like in Pontifex (from point to point).

Re: New types of Goo for sequel??Supsupli02/10/2009 - 08:28

HOLY CRAP TO MUCH SCIENCE MY BRAIN HURTS....

I don't think the average person wants a educational game

Re: New types of Goo for sequel??sickfiction02/12/2009 - 19:56

As long as it looks / behaves naturally the science behind it don't matter...

Re: New types of Goo for sequel??iGoo08/02/2010 - 11:36

[quote author=joel22484 link=topic=1294.msg8905#msg8905 date=1232455782]
I think spinning goos would be cool. For example, you could have goos spinning clockwise and some spinning counter-clockwise. Whenever you used them, if they touched something, then they would spin. So you could build a car-like structure that could carry other goos across land.
that would be nice, but you should rename it (how about wheely goo  ???)
also tell me what it should look like