So, I Contacted 2dBoy...

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
So, I Contacted 2dBoy...Eak01/25/2009 - 17:11

And asked them if they were going to make a version for the DSi shop. Do you think they'll make one?

Re: So, I Contacted 2dBoy...joshuaj2501/27/2009 - 09:03

well that depends. what did they say?

Re: So, I Contacted 2dBoy...XDboy01/28/2009 - 17:29

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/11/12/wii-fanboy-interviews-2d-boy-world-of-goo/print/

nintendo.joystiq.com wrote:
If World of Goo becomes a big success on WiiWare, can you see it making its way to Xbox Live Arcade or PSN? How about a DS game?

Ron: XBLA and PSN will probably not happen, we just don't think the controls would feel right. Mouse is great and so is the Wii remote.
The DS would be a good platform for the game from a controls standpoint but the processor is not nearly strong enough for the physics simulation. We might be able to do a simplified version of the game, but we have no plans for that right now.

Re: So, I Contacted 2dBoy...Supsupli02/10/2009 - 08:26

[quote author=XDboy link=topic=1352.msg9149#msg9149 date=1233181744]
http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/11/12/wii-fanboy-interviews-2d-boy-world-of-goo/print/

nintendo.joystiq.com wrote:
If World of Goo becomes a big success on WiiWare, can you see it making its way to Xbox Live Arcade or PSN? How about a DS game?

Ron: XBLA and PSN will probably not happen, we just don't think the controls would feel right. Mouse is great and so is the Wii remote.
The DS would be a good platform for the game from a controls standpoint but the processor is not nearly strong enough for the physics simulation. We might be able to do a simplified version of the game, but we have no plans for that right now.

1 word... Damn i want ds game

Re: So, I Contacted 2dBoy...dawning02/17/2009 - 04:49

In my wildest dreams tonight, the following will take place:

A super stable build of WoG will be released for OpenPandora.

A bundled version of the two will gain real traction and will find widespread success.