Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developers

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersBK_moto01/29/2009 - 10:12

First I would like to say much  ;D thanks for making a game that makes the whole family smile and one in which a player can be creative and best [replay value] what the they have done previously.  It's great to play a game that causes one to smile and not focus on death or killing.  We all play this game from my 7 year old to myself [pops] and I will surely recomend it to others.

Now here are some suggestions for the follow-up that many are anticipating:

1.  [glow=red,2,300]Please [/glow] keep the profanity as optional.  When I recomend games to my friends and/or for their families this is a BIG issue.  I am a huge proponent of free speech, but ask that you keep it as an optional add on that is not standard with the game shipped.  I wouldn't buy or recomend otherwise.

2.  The sign painter [or comparable] brings MANY smiles during the game so bravo  ;) and hope there is the same or similiar in the new version.

3.  A level editor would be very sweet.

4.  Keep it single player

Let me know your thoughts and thanks for your time.  The best to you and yours!

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersspazturtle01/29/2009 - 12:16

A little note on your points:

3. there is already a level editor

4. the wii and linux versions support 4 player

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersBK_moto01/29/2009 - 13:24

Thanks for the update.

I was referring to the PC version only and I will find the level editor.

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersBK_moto01/30/2009 - 15:30

5.  Another thing that I thought might be possible is weights which would server the opposite purpose of balloons.  Or perhaps weather elements such as wind.

???

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersspazturtle01/30/2009 - 17:35

Wind is allredy in the game.
I also have a idear
6. Put four player support in pc windows and mac version not just linux and wii

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersBK_moto01/30/2009 - 18:31

I would still buy the game if it was multiplayer, but would NOT buy it if there was in game chat.  That is NOT [cannot be] 100% family friendly.

My family and their safety comes first - always.  I cannot count the number of times of sick conversations and the like in BF2 and Team Fortress 2.  Those days are over for us.

Thanks for understanding.

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersspazturtle01/30/2009 - 19:16

In would not be online multiplayer but like the linux version if you have more mice you can conect them a another curser
will apear same on the wii but with wiimotes not mice

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersBK_moto01/30/2009 - 20:18

No worries there - thanks for the clarification spazturtle.  :)

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersluiginator01/30/2009 - 21:07

I don't think online multiplayer would work, because when two people are working on the same tower they should be able to coordinate their actions, which would be difficult online even with chatting. Heck, I can barely get my brother to cooperate and he's in the same room as me! :P

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersBK_moto01/31/2009 - 11:43

6.  Not sure if this one has been touched on but more than 3 profiles would be nice.

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersNerzulamun02/01/2009 - 05:20

How bout 2D Boy just doesn't try to push sales by releasing exclusive content to certain consoles? Multiplayer would make an excellent game perfect, especially seeing as PC has access to a level editor, which means your friends could playtest maps.  ???

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersBK_moto02/01/2009 - 17:49

I think that the success of the first version will prove to you [shadow=red,left]otherwise[/shadow].

In certain games multiplayer does not make sense [or very little].  The amount of work that would go into it would not pay off in dividends.  This is true for the Galactic Civilization series and this one as well. 

Respectfully

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersSupsupli02/06/2009 - 06:18

7. Lulz if there is CHAT ... a way to disable it (Family Friendly)

Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersTheOldMan02/20/2009 - 03:05

8. Multiplayer with in game chat (audio, video or text)? I have no idea how you guys would pull it off or what ideas one could use for multiplayer, but this game is nothing short of great and amazing :D

EDIT: also, I agree with bk_moto with the idea of keeping profanities out of the game. in most of the games, 99% of the time it's completely unwarranted.

Last modified Fri, 02/20/2009 - 16:05 by TheOldMan
Re: Add on suggestions and much thanks - attention Kyle and developersdentaku02/22/2009 - 10:40

[quote author=BK_moto link=topic=1369.msg9235#msg9235 date=1233420180]
6.  Not sure if this one has been touched on but more than 3 profiles would be nice.

Yup, I vote for at least 4 ... in our case we have 4 heads in our family ...  ;)