Save Position

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Save Positionaconite01/29/2009 - 16:18

Hope I'm not re-posting a comment but I didn't find anything when I searched for "save position" other than talk about saving your tower in the corp. 

Just a suggestion for any future releases: add ability to save current position in a level so that you can come back to it.  I know there were several times when I had an interruption that took me away for hours.  While I could have just paused, and in some cases did, it would be nice to be able to save, exit the game, and return.

My 2 cents for a fantastic game.

Re: Save Positionluiginator01/29/2009 - 20:43

That's not really a problem for me but it's still a nice idea.

Re: Save PositionDEFE01/29/2009 - 23:53

It could work, but measures should be taken to quell abuse of the save feature. Otherwise people could save at a crucial point and keep coming back to try again and again. Maybe the save point could be erased from memory as soon as the level is returned to.

Re: Save Positionluiginator01/30/2009 - 21:09

[quote author=DEFE link=topic=1373.msg9201#msg9201 date=1233291211]
It could work, but measures should be taken to quell abuse of the save feature. Otherwise people could save at a crucial point and keep coming back to try again and again. Maybe the save point could be erased from memory as soon as the level is returned to.

Would that be the equivalent of the Home Menu for Virtual Console games?

Re: Save PositionDEFE01/31/2009 - 01:01

[quote author=luiginator link=topic=1373.msg9224#msg9224 date=1233367767]
Would that be the equivalent of the Home Menu for Virtual Console games?

Essentially, yes