Goo Cursor

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Goo Cursormelikegoo02/10/2009 - 19:12

Please, oh please, great creators of Goo. please send amound the mass a cursor for us to use.
we must have it for windows and mac, and for a late night snacks. i bow before the creators of Goo please do it and me love you. ;D

Re: Goo CursorBioran2302/11/2009 - 06:30

Could somebody link me to the files where the cursor images are contained?

If I have access to them, I can remake it using CursorFX by Stardock.

Re: Goo Cursordavidc02/11/2009 - 10:31

Well, I found res\images\cursor_circle.png, but I imagine it's actually dynamically generated to create the velocity trail (and also it's different colours in different chapters).

-davidc

Re: Goo CursorMattOG02/11/2009 - 11:34

It is. It has a black circle and a shadow. (In different folders incidentally). From there it's done similar to the sleeping z. Shrinking and "trailing".

It's possible to do something similar in windows, but the effect won't be exact, or necessarily look all that good.

Re: Goo CursorGoooo04/29/2009 - 09:10

Yeah, I could make the cursor on windows, then I'll tell ya how.

Re: Goo Cursorjmleleven05/19/2009 - 20:06

Well, i think you could just take the cursor image from the WorldofGoo file, make it a cursor, (i dont really know all that stuff)and then go to (on XP) Start, Control Panel,Printers and other hard ware, mouse, then go to Pointers, select the cursor, then go to the pointer options tab, and check the  "Display Pointer Trails box". I think that'd sorta look like the one from the game.