Great you support linux but....:-)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Great you support linux but....:-)satipera02/14/2009 - 05:33

I eagerly downloaded demo wog, to my linux box, but it is only for 32 bit linux os, will there be an x86 64 version? I am having to play the demo in wine at the moment.

Re: Great you support linux but....:-)Nicosmos02/14/2009 - 05:36

There is a solution in this topic. :)

Re: Great you support linux but....:-)satipera02/14/2009 - 06:05

sorted, thanks,btw,  I already had ia32 installed, why will it not install without being forced? 

Re: Great you support linux but....:-)he_the_great02/14/2009 - 13:34

It's the package manager. The packages says it is for 32bit so it won't installed because you are running 64bit. Basically it makes sure you know that you could run into problems since it isn't the right architecture.

Re: Great you support linux but....:-)doc_tomoe02/15/2009 - 20:08

Huh ? I installed the rpm of the demo and now the full version on my 64bit linux and it works fine, even with graphics running at 1920x1200 and I didn't have to install or configure anything. Well I already have some 32bit libraries installed ....
Works like a charm on AMD Athlon X2 5200+ with NVIDIA 8500GT 4Gigs of RAM, Software: KDE 4.2 with lot's of compositing stuff enabled and 4 or 5 apps running, WoG still runs smoothly.
SO you don't need no extremely fast computer...

Thanks btw for porting this to linux. I'm usually all for open source (esp. drivers!) but nothing to complain about a very fine game for a small price with really great support for all the platforms. Had to buy that (Demo was highly addictive).
Btw, I found this because some one posted about it on Planet KDE.

Re: Great you support linux but....:-)dawning02/17/2009 - 04:38

I'm running the game on two different Ubuntu AMD64 boxes.. Installation was trivial - that is, once I used the suggested "dpkg -i --force-architecture World*.deb" method.

Re: Great you support linux but....:-)Witi02/17/2009 - 14:42

Hello,

i'm running a real 64bit client, without any 32bit libs.

Are you planning a native 64bit version?

greetings,
Witi