World of Goo Corporation-- Player interaction

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World of Goo Corporation-- Player interactionusenix02/27/2009 - 08:40

Hi there,

it'd be nice to have some more interaction in the World of Goo Corporation mode. I'm making suggestions what could be done, you tell me what you think.

1) Text messages to other players
2) Have a look at other players towers. Not necessarily show the details, but show the contour along with player name and number of balls
3) Cooperate with other players. Join forces (balls) and build a tower together

That's it for the moment

cheers

usenix

Re: World of Goo Corporation-- Player interactionluiginator03/02/2009 - 01:05

Good ideas. Also here's my idea: You know those firefly bugs that let you go back one step? I think there should be some undo feature like that in the WoG corp area.
Also there should be a way to take pictures of your tower. I know there's a website or something, but I think it should be an in-game feature.
And like you said, there should be a way to see other people's towers. Like for example you could click on someone's cloud, and it would expand to show the screenshot of their tower.

Re: World of Goo Corporation-- Player interactionGameWay Studios06/05/2009 - 17:32

I like the ideas. Number one probably wouldn't be very good because of the amount of profanity that would get put up, but I like the other two.