Make it easier to rip loose green goos

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Make it easier to rip loose green gooshansrodtang03/02/2009 - 18:24

When I am trying to grab the "in-structure" green goos to rip them loose all the other goos floating all over the place grab focus and make it really, really hard to do so.

Maybe I have missed something, but I feel that this is really annoying.

Thanks for an otherwise awesome game, the first I bought for Linux.

Last modified Mon, 03/02/2009 - 18:26 by hansrodtang
Re: Make it easier to rip loose green goosMattOG03/03/2009 - 01:36

No, you haven't missed anything. It's a frustrating part of the game, but many feel it adds to the difficulty level. I think I'm still on the fence. A 'right click' to get joined goos and 'left click' for normal ones would have been a nice feature.

Re: Make it easier to rip loose green goosSLyM03/09/2009 - 19:58

[quote author=MattOG link=topic=1567.msg10431#msg10431 date=1236062211]
No, you haven't missed anything. It's a frustrating part of the game, but many feel it adds to the difficulty level. I think I'm still on the fence. A 'right click' to get joined goos and 'left click' for normal ones would have been a nice feature.

I joined the forum to point out how annoying this can be.  It doesn't really make the game any harder in my opinion, you just need to either be
a. persistent enough to get it on a level where time isn't an issue.
or
b. lucky enough to get it on one that does.
A right-click or a modifier key to prioritize attached goos would be nice.

Re: Make it easier to rip loose green goosluiginator03/10/2009 - 00:32

Whether it adds to the difficulty or not, I don't think the 2D Boys intended it to be this annoying. I agree with the right-click idea. Or maybe you could hold shift and click to choose joined goos, or something like that.