My suggestions for improvement

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
My suggestions for improvement Potted Meat03/09/2009 - 17:02

I really had fun with your game.  I bought the Linux version BTW.  I wanted to contribute my feedback to help improve future versions.  Here ya go:

1.  More control of the game atmosphere - example:  Being able to turn off the music! (this is really a no-brainer guys!)

2.  Allow access to the Menu buttons without the screen having to move around.  I'd like the screen to stay where it is while I take a quick look at the OCD requirements.  This really annoys me for some reason.

3.  Levels like Bulletin Board System really don't seem to fit within the rest of the game.  There's no thought involved, only mind-numbing repetition. Bulletin Board System feels like a bad flash game.  Another perpetual-retry-til-luck-strikes level is Deliverance.  Ditch these kind for future games please. 

4.  And not to be missed is the ability to get at the ball that you want!  If I want to get at a joint ball then give me the option to do that.  I don't want to sit for 10 mins while I wait for 50 goo balls to move just right so that I can finally grab the joint ball that I want. 

5.  As for my last comment, I'm not sure anything could be done about it.  Could there be a way to eliminate some of the "sway" in the game?  After I play for a while, everything I see sways like in the game.  It can last for a couple of hours.  It's like vertigo with a touch of nausea. 

Thanks for the cool game!  :D

PM

Re: My suggestions for improvement TheHermit03/10/2009 - 11:10

Agree number 2 is something that annoys the hell out of me!
For number 5... just don't play as long! ;)