Good idea for sequal!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Good idea for sequal!Rickyrolled03/18/2009 - 10:44

If 2DBOY makes a World of Goo 2 i have an idea. In WOG2 there would instead of the WOGC be a creature maker. What i mean is you will use the goos to make a creature. You can have other goos than normal in it and if you beat a level without a minimum goo limit you will just get the level specific goos.
And if you have the original WOG you will unlock WOGC in WOG2!

Re: Good idea for sequal!MattOG03/18/2009 - 10:56

Ok, no more spore for you. Now go get ready for bed  ;D ;)

Re: Good idea for sequal!r3id03/19/2009 - 16:02

goofans.com is making 1 ive heard

Re: Good idea for sequal!Stickybomb6703/20/2009 - 15:39

I would like to see a level about a 'Goo Racecar'.

Re: Good idea for sequal!McDragonking06/13/2009 - 14:44

I say that in World of Goo 2 All the things should happen on Moon!!!there should be about 5-6 chapters...And i dunno
but it would be awesome to be a WoG2

Re: Good idea for sequal!jmleleven06/13/2009 - 14:48

I would like to see davidc make a second WoG... i bet he could and would, since 2D boy isn't

Re: Good idea for sequal!TheWampaKing06/22/2009 - 13:54

[quote author=Rickyrolled link=topic=1649.msg10810#msg10810 date=1237391044]
If 2DBOY makes a World of Goo 2 i have an idea. In WOG2 there would instead of the WOGC be a creature maker. What i mean is you will use the goos to make a creature. You can have other goos than normal in it and if you beat a level without a minimum goo limit you will just get the level specific goos.
And if you have the original WOG you will unlock WOGC in WOG2!

FAIL!

Re: Good idea for sequal!IamJaimie07/13/2009 - 23:43

Rickeyroll that is an absolutely brilliant idea!! But what would the creature have to do??

Re: Good idea for sequal!sa_hall09/12/2009 - 13:01

::) OK, so here I am at the end Utopian New World of Goo Memorial Park, with 300 black goo to play with. Everyone is building towers.  But I want to reinvent the wheel. The world has no wheels so they need reinventing.  I make a big circular wheel of goo and call the other goo to come make it move by whistling them to one side of the top. It rolls a little. Sometimes I can keep it moving for a bit, but goo being goo, it tends to make a squashy wheel and has to be taken apart at the bottom and re-rounded to keep moving. Done quickly enough, goo will roll a bit, then need repairs.

Tooling about in my prototype goo-mobile I find no billboards. Everyone is building towers and the billboards are all way up there.  I need balloon-goo, perhaps, to float my goo mobile about and look at all the towers.

Semi-seriously, though, perhaps a firmer sort of goo could be invented that would be better stuff to build a wheel from, and our more ordinary goo could create the goo-power for rotation by calling them to the top edge of the roundish structure with the whistle. It might be a fun element for the next version.

The World of Goo Memorial Park and Recreation Center needs more kinds of goo to play with, as you have no doubt realized, and more features on the landscape for those of us with horizontal inclinations. A more varied Goo playground, rather than a game, is something I would be interested in purchasing. I realize that you are pushing the envelope of what computers will do as it is, but one can always look ahead to build for the goo World of the Future. At least, perhaps, you could send us some balloons?

Thanks for all the goo

Steph

Re: Good idea for sequal!!09/12/2009 - 18:35

[quote author=sa_hall link=topic=1649.msg14352#msg14352 date=1252778514]
::) OK, so here I am at the end Utopian New World of Goo Memorial Park, with 300 black goo to play with. Everyone is building towers.  But I want to reinvent the wheel. The world has no wheels so they need reinventing.  I make a big circular wheel of goo and call the other goo to come make it move by whistling them to one side of the top. It rolls a little. Sometimes I can keep it moving for a bit, but goo being goo, it tends to make a squashy wheel and has to be taken apart at the bottom and re-rounded to keep moving. Done quickly enough, goo will roll a bit, then need repairs.

Tooling about in my prototype goo-mobile I find no billboards. Everyone is building towers and the billboards are all way up there.  I need balloon-goo, perhaps, to float my goo mobile about and look at all the towers.

Semi-seriously, though, perhaps a firmer sort of goo could be invented that would be better stuff to build a wheel from, and our more ordinary goo could create the goo-power for rotation by calling them to the top edge of the roundish structure with the whistle. It might be a fun element for the next version.

The World of Goo Memorial Park and Recreation Center needs more kinds of goo to play with, as you have no doubt realized, and more features on the landscape for those of us with horizontal inclinations. A more varied Goo playground, rather than a game, is something I would be interested in purchasing. I realize that you are pushing the envelope of what computers will do as it is, but one can always look ahead to build for the goo World of the Future. At least, perhaps, you could send us some balloons?

Thanks for all the goo

Steph

[move] :)[/move]

Re: Good idea for sequal!BloxWorld10/17/2009 - 13:29

mattOG is right.  That sounds almost exactly like spore.  Any-Who, I believe that if you make the first one good enough, you don't have to make another (Yes, a Colbert line.)  Sorry to rain on your parade.

Re: Good idea for sequel!pauljs7512/31/2009 - 16:00

I think for a sequel, a map editor would be cool. (Terrain types, number of goos of each type, win conditions, etc. All the pretty obvious stuff.)

Also if they added some motion dynamic with certain goos, that would be pretty spiffy as well. I think it could be implemented in a manner similar to the Java based game called Sodaplay. (It has some springy goo-like behavior with its construction elements, yet there's special pieces that repeatedly expand and contract which can get things moving. I could imagine building goo-walkers or having the special goos make a chain swing in order to reach a target.)

I could also imagine that by adding motion Goos, there could be some new interesting multiplayer games made with in addition to tower building. There could be walker races/obstacle courses, or something like where one team trys to build something to keep the other teams moving goo contraption from getting through. Or perhaps one team trys to wreck a tower by building goo battering rams. Sounds crazy, but I could picture it.

Re: Good idea for sequal!gooflamer12/31/2009 - 17:34

Where is Rickyrolled?

Re: Good idea for sequal!!01/01/2010 - 12:16

[quote author=gooflamer link=topic=1649.msg15863#msg15863 date=1262298896]
Where is Rickyrolled?

I don't know, but I'm sure he'd never give us up.