world of goo corp ideas

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
world of goo corp ideasNic Freed08/16/2008 - 17:07

post your ideas for wogcorp here, i have a few myself:
1. having your cloud be recorded by your highest hight ever, not the last one you saved
2. if not number 1, than at leat make it so you dont HAVE to save your towers hight without turning of the game

just keep posting from here, and hopefuly it could get in the game (please!!!) :)

Re: world of goo corp ideasDil99908/16/2008 - 18:12

I think that the World of Goo corp. towers should be measured in real time- that is, your tower must continue to stand, even while you are not playing.
Right now, all you need to do is build an unstable bunch of gooes to a very high height and then quickly exit, and the height gets counted.

Re: world of goo corp ideasMacatttack08/16/2008 - 20:01

Quote:
I think that the World of Goo corp. towers should be measured in real time- that is, your tower must continue to stand, even while you are not playing.
Right now, all you need to do is build an unstable bunch of gooes to a very high height and then quickly exit, and the height gets counted.
I think having that running in the background would be too processor intensive.

Re: world of goo corp ideasMarius08/16/2008 - 20:56

[quote author=Dil999 link=topic=167.msg1323#msg1323 date=1218928331]
While I like the idea that the tower needs to be stable, it's hard to implement, as Macattack mentioned. Maybe we could record the lowest score in the last minute, or better yet, the final score when you haven't touched a goo for a minute. That might work.

Re: world of goo corp ideasNic Freed08/16/2008 - 22:14

its a good, just a little bit hard to do, due to the fact that it cant be running while your doing other things on the game, or it would lag like crazy. maybe if there was some way the game could measure the "stability level" of the tower, and it must be a certain level or higher to be counted.

Re: world of goo corp ideasSplinterOfChaos10/09/2008 - 04:58

The tower must be able to stand for thrity seconds. Good?
Before being able to leave corporate, the player could be asked to stick around for thirty secs to make sure it's stable. If they don't want to, no biggy. They just don't get to submit.

Re: world of goo corp ideasMarius10/09/2008 - 05:41

Can I try to keep it up by building while waiting 30 seconds?
Can I whistle?
Can I throw gooballs at it for impulse?

Re: world of goo corp ideasSplinterOfChaos10/09/2008 - 06:36

If you were allowed to build up, that would invalidate the results as you'd be able to dynamically rebalanced the tower. I'm tempted to say the same about whistling.

Basically, touching anything would mean the timer would have to start over.

Re: world of goo corp ideasDil99910/09/2008 - 17:18

Maybe a little countdown timer in the corner- starts at 30 seconds, but whenever you click it resets to 30.

Re: world of goo corp ideasTheChosenOne10/14/2008 - 15:38

I agree it needs to remember the highest height you reached.

Now you can't try again to build higher or do anything besides look at how pretty it is.
Not really user friendly.

Re: world of goo corp ideasjoel10/14/2008 - 17:53

How about a silver and gold award for tower duration?

If the tower can stand 1 minute without adding or subtracting goos, then the links (or the goos themselves!) turn silver.

After five minutes of freestanding, madly swaying glory, you have a gold tower.

The status of the tower would be shown in the cloud - thus you know whether you're competing with Marius' black Tower of Certain Collapse at 38m, or his gold Tower of Seasick Stability at a mere 30m :)

Re: world of goo corp ideasSplinterOfChaos10/14/2008 - 23:12

I really like that idea!
It would allow all to participate, but be able to impartially judge the validity of one's record.

However, I wouldn't want my gold record to go away despite a black tower going higher and crashing.

Re: world of goo corp ideasCrazynoodle10/18/2008 - 07:16

;D i really like that idea with the gold and silver awards, it would also be sweet if there was a lederboard that shows the top ten towers, so even if ur not near em u know who they are

Re: world of goo corp ideassoad66710/18/2008 - 07:26

I made a thread some time ago about the following idea, but i just saw this thread and post it here too, for everything to be in one place...

How about a chat feature at the WoG Corp? It would be great, especially if you see a buddy playing the same time. It can be toggled so people that don't wanna chat, don't bother with at all. Like the one in Trials2SE, if u know! ;)

Re: world of goo corp ideasCrazynoodle10/18/2008 - 07:29

[quote author=soad667 link=topic=167.msg3467#msg3467 date=1224332764]
I made a thread some time ago about the following idea, but i just saw this thread and post it here too, for everything to be in one place...

How about a chat feature at the WoG Corp? It would be great, especially if you see a buddy playing the same time. It can be toggled so people that don't wanna chat, don't bother with at all. Like the one in Trials2SE, if u know! ;)

That be a pretty cool idea  ;D

Re: world of goo corp ideasDeej10/18/2008 - 10:59

How about other types of goo. like the green ones or the computer ones. Give it a bit of variety. You could toggle what types of goo appear on the tower

Re: world of goo corp ideaskatabatic10/18/2008 - 12:47

I keep thinking that it would be great to see other people's towers. How about a screenshot of the entire tower being taken every minute or so, and once on exit, so that players clicking your cloud could see your tower? that could tie in with the silver/gold links as well

Re: world of goo corp ideasMarius10/18/2008 - 18:09

That's actually what I thought the terminal was, when it wasn't working yet in the beta. Too bad that's not what it is :P

Re: world of goo corp ideasLeoNate10/19/2008 - 00:54

I liked the music on that one level with the waterwheel thingy and the scraper thingy that you used to get inside the city or something, but other than that I didn't like the music, gave it too much of a creepy-feeling... The humans gave me that kind of feeling, too... they scare me....

Also, who am I? Who is the player? Are they a Goo? Are they a human? I would like some explanation of this (in-game, maybe in a patch or something that adds new levels)

What happened to the Goos? Are they all dead? Poor Goos... Are there other creatures than humans and Goos?

Do the Goos eat? What exactly are the Goos? Are they alive (I think so, but am not sure that they're alive)? Are they dead? Are they undead? Are they the souls of humans that became greedy? Are they glob-like wombats?

I think that it needs more of a story, you know, more of an introduction as to what the Goos are, how they came to be, and more of an explanation as to what's going on/what happened (before the game).

Who is the sign writer? Why did we never get to see him?