Level editor ?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Level editor ?Dernironfist03/23/2009 - 10:37

Okay just for the record i cant program much so i cant send them a level editor.Im just grouping everything in one place. :-\

Ok Goo people or goos or gooi or...yah i think its just...THE GOO Everyone knows its an awesome game already and im gonna keep coming back till i get OCD for all levels.

HOWEVER the game could be expanded...With a level editor!!!!!

Okay now every meter you would be given the option to place somthing.For now it is just a floating platform.Then you can choose it shape by stretching it in 8 directions...next will it rotate?And will it have spikes?All spikes or half spikes which side?Is it a heap of grass or a statue of a goo?
can it be destroyed...And does gravity affect it? Is anythind dripping of it? If so build it ;ike you would with normal goo...exept its stickt and you can place a straight line to make bridge building easier...  WHERE DO YOU SPAWN wheres the pipe? Do you want a sign?

All this is practically nescasary to a level editor so lets all heap the work on those two guy s and leave to work in gloom...Or you can help out with links programs and ideas.

Re: Level editor ?xanax03/23/2009 - 11:00

???

There is already a level editor...
http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/wogedit/index.php?title=Main_Page

Why don't you browse the "Mods and Hacks" sections of the forums ?  ;)

Re: Level editor ?Dernironfist03/23/2009 - 11:11

Well some people have only the wiiware version and would not like to plauge there games with freezes glitches and copyright violations (though Copyright isnt much of a problem in this game...)

Last modified Mon, 03/23/2009 - 16:44 by Dernironfist
Re: Level editor ?tails10003/28/2009 - 07:53

Well the wog editor is kinda hard to figure out it would be much easier if it showed all the pictures of the stuff on a sidebar and u just drag it at the map or something and u add it simply like that.