Multiplayer for WoG?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Multiplayer for WoG?Detructor04/06/2009 - 05:16

Hi there,

I've read an article about WoG in a german magazine ("freiesMagazin"). And there were some lines about the multipointer thingi and how to use it.

Now, my idea would be a "multiplayer" mode, where one opens a server and then all people who want to play together are joining this server and then you can play with all of them together, seeing their mouse.

Maybe a serverbrowser could be implemented, too. And a master server and then there could be some gamemods (timebased, movebased (as few moves as possible), heightbased (you've x goos and have to build a tower as high as possible...)

Re: Multiplayer for WoG?vonboy04/06/2009 - 18:16

i kinda see this as an idea for world of goo 2 if they ever make one. i don't think they would add it to this one.

anyway, sounds like a cool idea, but it would lose a little of it's multiplayer charm. you would have to be able to have some kind of chat system up so the different players could communicate with each other and coordinate how exactly they are gonna beat the level.

Re: Multiplayer for WoG?Detructor04/07/2009 - 02:01

[quote author=vonboy link=topic=1741.msg11468#msg11468 date=1239059775]
i kinda see this as an idea for world of goo 2 if they ever make one. i don't think they would add it to this one.

anyway, sounds like a cool idea, but it would lose a little of it's multiplayer charm. you would have to be able to have some kind of chat system up so the different players could communicate with each other and coordinate how exactly they are gonna beat the level.

yep, you are right...maybe they could make a WoG server, that has a build-in murmur server and the clients have build-in mumble clients...or using the engine from mumble, if that is legal/possible

Re: Multiplayer for WoG?spazturtle04/07/2009 - 04:31

The multi player feature is only available on the Linux and Wii version,

How to use it:
Connect 2-4 mice/wii remotes
2-4 cursers will appear
play like normal

Now PLEASE no more multilayer topics

Re: Multiplayer for WoG?Detructor04/07/2009 - 13:37

[quote author=spazturtle link=topic=1741.msg11478#msg11478 date=1239096705]
The multi player feature is only available on the Linux and Wii version,

How to use it:
Connect 2-4 mice/wii remotes