Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...Scytheron04/11/2009 - 19:14

continue making games?  Yes, you're hard at work keeping up support for WoG, and we love it.  I'm not rushing you, but here's a suggestion for a game when you get back into the nitty-gritty of game making. 

A platformer perchance?  Something like *coughlittlebigplanetcough*? Something simple yet fun with multiplayer and map making options?  I dunno, I think you guys could do fantastic at it.
Little goo ropes (think spiderman swing) and jetpacks?  Maybe even a soldat type shooter or something?  I think this could be amazing xD

Another idea of mine was possibly a 2d RTS (GooTS :]) with lil turrets and goo soldiers?  I dunno, I think too much but it's an idea right?  Probably something relatively non-violent to keep an E or E10 rating right?

~Levi

Re: Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...Smurfy04/13/2009 - 04:27

According to the interview in PC Gamer, they're doing rapid prototyping right now to figure out their next game idea.

Re: Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...Stickybomb6704/13/2009 - 12:39

ExtraSensoryPerception.app downloaded from supernaturalpowers.org
cross checking...
ESP.app saysssssssssssssss...
It is going to be another 2d game.

Re: Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...vonboy04/13/2009 - 17:44

yes.

i don't know if they were joking, but at a presentation they gave at the gdc a few weeks ago, they said they're next title was tentatively called 'the sophomore effect; the purposely mediocre game.'

sounds like baloney to me ;)

Re: Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...Stickybomb6704/13/2009 - 17:48

Mediocrity is overrated. ::)
More GOO, please!

Re: Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...Scytheron04/17/2009 - 00:58

"Mediocrity be damned, I want explosions" -I have no idea what from, but it fits.

Argh.  I think WoG and Patapon (for PSP) have very similar art designs, with WoG having a bit grittier, goofier feel to it.  Either way guys.  My suggestion, keep up the good work and wow us with your next game.

Re: Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...vonboy04/17/2009 - 05:23

the sad thing is we'll probably have to wait AT LEAST another year and a half for they're next game

maybe longer :'(

Re: Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...Scytheron04/17/2009 - 14:37

A year and a WHAT?!  I don't know if I can survive that long without more goo-ness.  Again, I made this thread because I love these guys!!!

Well, good news is I'll buy whatever game they make assuming it's relatively well priced again (15 bucks at Best Buy for WoG is NOT bad at all)

Re: Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...Stickybomb6704/17/2009 - 14:42

[quote author=Scytheron link=topic=1759.msg11753#msg11753 date=1239997033]
A year and a WHAT?!  I don't know if I can survive that long without more goo-ness.  Again, I made this thread because I love these guys!!!

Well, good news is I'll buy whatever game they make assuming it's relatively well priced again (15 bucks at Best Buy for WoG is NOT bad at all)

If I knew how goo-d it was, I wouldn't have minded shelling out more than I've ever earned. ;D Your games ROCK, 2D Boy.
A year and a half is an estimate, but a reasonable one. Two guys making a STELLAR game isn't a yearly thing. I will wait as long as I have to to get more of Kyle's AWESOME designs and music and Ron's ULTIMATE interface and feel! :D
I love you, 2D Boy! ;)

Re: Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...imjames40705/05/2009 - 01:37

Great one.Its nice to read this.

Re: Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...Stickybomb6705/05/2009 - 06:40

[quote author=imjames407 link=topic=1759.msg12148#msg12148 date=1241505460]
Great one.Its nice to read this.

Is it because of all the caps? ;)

Re: Dear 2dboy, I love you. Could you...jmleleven05/20/2009 - 17:43

Well, probably their next game will be sorta like WoG.[glow=lightgreen,2,300](i hope.)[/glow]It'll probably be short, too.