world of goo prologe

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
world of goo prologe gooflamer07/02/2009 - 11:08

Well, I've beaten the game, but what happened before world of goo? Where did the goo balls live? What did they do? did they still build towers and other thing like now? Mabey 2dboy will will make a ad on ofr world of goo. If you have any ideas, post them here. :)

Re: world of goo prologe Pavke07/02/2009 - 11:37

Moon story happened before WoG. :)

Re: world of goo prologe jmleleven07/02/2009 - 12:03

Look here for an idea.

Re: world of goo prologe Pavke07/02/2009 - 12:13

[quote author=jmleleven link=topic=1947.msg13385#msg13385 date=1246554224]
Look here for an idea.

But that has nothing to do with the prologe. That is a sequel.

Chapter 6 The Moon was suppose to be "one year ago" chapter but they cancel it

Re: world of goo prologe jmleleven07/02/2009 - 12:16

A sequel ABOUT the prolouge. By the way, the moon chapter story did'nt happen before WoG. It's totally different. 2D Boy said the story about it in an interview... i forgot where.

Re: world of goo prologe Pavke07/02/2009 - 12:31

[quote author=jmleleven link=topic=1947.msg13387#msg13387 date=1246554971]
A sequel ABOUT the prolouge. By the way, the moon chapter story did'nt happen before WoG. It's totally different. 2D Boy said the story about it in an interview... i forgot where.

here I'll quote Kyle:

Quote:

The Moon was a prequel to World of Goo, taking place “one year ago” when World of Goo Corporation was a brand new Web 2.0 startup company, and they decided to monetize the Moon by making it ad-supported with community features. Eventually they detonate the moon, and replace it with M.O.O.N. 2.0, a giant ball of homogenized glowing/flickering Goo Balls, to create a giant hi-definition LCD panel in the sky for displaying important animated marketing messages to the World of Goo down below. The plot is told through a love story, involving “The Architect” who changes jobs at the end, and becomes one of the characters we meet in World of Goo

Re: world of goo prologe jmleleven07/02/2009 - 12:49

Oh.. nvm. i thought it said "Sequel" when i looked at it.  ;D

Re: world of goo prologe gooflamer07/02/2009 - 13:00

I ment the place where they were made. like the first of the goo balls. I dont think they were born on the moon, they used to live on a diffrint planet. Mabey the chapter will be called, "Begining of the world". 

Re: world of goo prologe Pavke07/02/2009 - 13:11

Yeah... That is really interesting. I wonder why none of the reporters asked that question.

Re: world of goo prologe gooflamer07/02/2009 - 18:40

I'm encuraging people to try to make a world map for the prologe. It must be a planet with a moon.(for the last level) It can have color or no color. I hope pepole can make some and post them! (mabey even 2d boy will check your sketch!) Bye!

Re: world of goo prologe Cacafuego07/08/2009 - 02:36

I can't believe there have been so many spellings of the word in this thread, but no one has used the right one =)

"Prologue"  ;)

Re: world of goo prologe gooflamer07/20/2009 - 19:10

Where is everybody? I'm getting pretty lonely. Can somebody please post something?

Re: world of goo prologe jmleleven07/21/2009 - 09:27

My guess at how goo balls started: After the "Big Bang", a tiny comet containing cells flew too close to a star, and melted into a fine, sticky goo. Soon, this "goo" would land on a planet with oxygen and H2O. Then, the cells immediatly took control of this "goo", and, in the many years it lived, developed eyes. It then split into more, and thus the goo ball population began. Much later, the "early men" discovered this "Goo" could be eaten, squished into a drink, or squashed onto your face to make you "prettier". And so, the discoveries of goo began. The goo themselves also discovered they could "grow" strands and build structures.

Re: world of goo prologe gooflamer07/21/2009 - 15:28

Cool and goo-d idea.

Re: world of goo prologe McDragonking09/19/2009 - 00:27

Indeed it is...Very good idea and very good spelling X)

Re: world of goo prologe gooflamer10/22/2009 - 17:03

Well, they might put a prologue in the iphone app! (fingers crossed!)

Re: world of goo prologe Imrsk00711/02/2009 - 13:01

well this will be unfair to all the ppl that dont have a ipod touch or iphone and by the way the story will not be different because on the wii and pc it isnt!

Re: world of goo prologe GMMan11/07/2009 - 11:46

They'll probably make it an addon for the computer people, for a nominal fee of, say, $5. Same for WiiWare.

Re: world of goo prologe MethanalCHO12/08/2009 - 16:18

[quote author=Pavke link=topic=1947.msg13380#msg13380 date=1246552634]
Moon story happened before WoG. :)

Yeah, Chapter 6 (The Moon) was made as a prologue to World of Goo. It takes place in the spring before Chapter 1, which is why it is sometimes called Chapter 0. WoG Corp. is a brand-new company, which did not yet open its doors. The Corporation decides to use the Moon for their marketing campaigns, using it to display advertisements. Eventually, they destroy the Moon, replacing it with M.O.O.N. 2.0, a giant sphere of glowing goo-balls, showing important marketing messages, to ensure they be seen worldwide. The plot is told by a love story, involving the Architect, who changes jobs at the end (most likely to become the Sign Painter).

I think this could actually be turned into a TRUE Chapter 6, taking place AFTER the Epilogue, with a World of Goo Corporation 2.0, building after the explosion...

Re: world of goo prologe DS-DNA02/24/2010 - 15:17

Пролог заключается в том, чтобы расказать игроку о создании первых Goo шариков.(Prolog is to tell a player on the establishment of the first Goo balls)  ;)