Manymouse is cross-platform. Multiplayer in windows?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Manymouse is cross-platform. Multiplayer in windows?Marius07/07/2009 - 12:24

The linux version of wog uses multimouse to 'support' multiple mice. However, manymouse is cross-platform, so, I was wondering why the windows version didn't have it yet. Any unexpected complications that arose, or did they just not try it yet?

Re: Manymouse is cross-platform. Multiplayer in windows?DEFE07/11/2009 - 21:21

I would just assume that they didn't intend to have any multiplayer at first. It started off for just Windows, and I'm sure they just wanted to focus on getting the game done. When that got finished and released they were able to come up with other little goodies to put on other platforms. I dunno though. Just a guess.

Re: Manymouse is cross-platform. Multiplayer in windows?Stickybomb6707/12/2009 - 06:23

It might work, but you would definitely have to improvise a little.
Great to see you posting, Marius!

Re: Manymouse is cross-platform. Multiplayer in windows?davidc07/12/2009 - 09:25

I think it's something Maks implemented as a side-project when he saw the Controller abstraction work already done for the Wii... Whether this is rolled back into the Windows version seems unlikely given the end of development there and the likely additional support burden.

-davidc

Re: Manymouse is cross-platform. Multiplayer in windows?Marius07/13/2009 - 05:07

[quote author=davidc link=topic=1960.msg13563#msg13563 date=1247408729]I think it's something Maks implemented as a side-project when he saw the Controller abstraction work already done for the Wii... Whether this is rolled back into the Windows version seems unlikely given the end of development there and the likely additional support burden.

-davidc
Well, I'm fine with it being included as an unsupported feature, like it is in the linux version now. I want to see if doing OCDs with 2 mice is feasible at all :P

[quote author=Stickybomb67 link=topic=1960.msg13560#msg13560 date=1247397827]It might work, but you would definitely have to improvise a little.
Great to see you posting, Marius!
Heh, thanks. I'm not really active atm though, just browsing the fora a bit. And yes, my server is broken :P